Chapter 9- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

Inspirational quote: You're beautiful when you frown but even more beautiful when you smile. Which is exactly why you need to do it a lot (smiling).

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Kieran was utterly speechless.
"Vv...Vvvvv...Vannnn....Vaness..."

Vanessa stared at him, but not like he was an idiot, because she was smiling, for some unknown reason.

"Trying to say my name?" She guessed, raising an eyebrow at him and then laughing hysterically.

Kieran cleared his throat, before turning red and staring at Vanessa's face.

"I just can't believe I'm finally talking to you!" Kieran hollered, coming up closer to Vanessa.

The most surreal thing was, Vanessa wasn't backing away from him, because for some reason she found the whole thing cute.

Kieran pinched himself when Vanessa wasn't properly looking.

This was not a dream, this was seriously real!

"I am talking to you in the flesh, right?" Kieran asked Vanessa, coming up even closer to her than last time; Vanessa didn't seem to mind at all.

"You're not a spirit or anything?" He stopped circling around her and looked at her for a long, long time.

Vanessa just burst out laughing.

"You're a weird kid, but I tell you, Kieran: all the best people are. And of course you're talking to me in the flesh. I'm not dead yet to be a spirit," she added, grinning complacently to herself.

Wow. She's nice and pretty? There's just no hating in that girl. Kieran thought internally to himself.

Kieran changed the subject completely as they made their way to the food hall where the wedding cake was currently being cut.

"So, what brings ya here? This wedding is only mainly for family members and friends."

Vanessa didn't reply, she just frowned at that.

"You're making it sound like me being here is a bad thing... Or that you don't want me here. I was walking with my mum to town but then we came across this wedding, and I go to this church. So we just went in, having absolutely no clue what was going on and who was getting married. But this is my church so I figured why not?"

Kieran didn't reply, as his mouth was stuffed with wedding cake.

"Huh? What? No. I would never mean that. I was just kinda surprised that you showed up because I really wasn't expecting you to be here," he told her, throwing the rest of the cake away once he found out that it contained strawberries and Kieran was allergic.

Vanessa didn't say anything, she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Kieran.

There was an awkward silence between them as Vanessa finally thought of something to say.

"I know you like me, Kieran. That's why I stayed behind to talk to you. Also I wanted to apologise, I caught you staring at me all love struck which was why people kept on laughing at you when you dropped the flowers. And I heard your stepfather yell at you as well, and I'm guessing it was my fault. If you hadn't seen me, then none of this would have happened, and I'm sorry about that."