Unexpected Guests

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You live here? Really? I thought it was still for sale. When did you get it?" The lady asked.

"I have been here for a few months now. I'm a transfer student at Namimori High. I'm from America." I replied.

Both were a bit shocked by what I said but shook it off pretty quickly.

"Really. Well I'm glad you decided to study abroad in Japan. Hope you enjoy it here." Squalo said.

But he isn't from Japan.... He's from Italy. Like he'd care about that. What's going on here.....

"Well, I'm going to just go inside. Tsuna didn't answer his phone a little while ago so he's probably asleep right now. Goodnight to you two." I said approaching my house.

I opened the door and they were both looking at me. It felt a bit weird having them stare at me.

"Heh. Are you guys okay?" I asked

"Yeah. I'm fine. I sorry. Must be tired." Squalo jolted out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking of where to go." The lady said and took a step forward but flinched and stumbled. Squalo caught her and I ran over.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" I asked.

"I think I twisted my ankle. But I'll be fine." She said.

"Come on in. A lady shouldn't be outside at a time like this with a bum leg. Would you come, too, Squalo-San? You should treat her. You know her better." I said and led them inside.

We got in and they sat on the couch. I got the first aid kit and gave it to Squalo. Then I went to make tea. Herbal blueberry green tea is my favorite and was all I had at the moment. I made that for us and brought it in the living room.

"Hmm. That smell. The tea. What flavor is that?" The lady asked.

"Herbal Blueberry Green tea. I'd recognize it a mile away." Squalo answered. It took me by surprise at first, but it could be because Xanxas probably liked it. I wouldn't discredit him for it.

"Really? You must like it a lot." I chuckled and sat by the coffee table across from them.

"Actually, I do. Just a bit. When I'm sad I drink it to cheer up some or when I'm in a bad mood because it makes me feel better. Like when that stupid boss gets mad and takes it out on me. It reminds me of someone." He said.

"I thought I remembered it. I never really drank it. I didn't care for it too much. But when I felt sick, this girl would make it for me and I'd get mad at her but I knew I would feel better. So I just drank it." She said.

"Why did you get mad? It was good for you." I asked catching that.

"Well, I didn't like it. I didn't hate it. I drank it because I didn't feel sick anymore but I never really like the taste, especially when I was sick. Another tea worked the same and I liked it. But she never made that for me and that's why I was mad. But, afterwards, when she wasn't around anymore and I had that tea, I found out quickly that that tea only my relieved my stomach temporally and made me sick longer. I drink this one now but still dislike it." The lady replied.

"Oh. And Squalo, I don't mean to be intrusive, but who this 'someone' it reminds you of, if you don't mind?" I asked.

"Well, it was a girl I was close to. She's gone now so it's only a memory but I feel as if she's here when I have this tea. Actually, you look a bit like her." He looked into his glass then looked up to me.

I blushed a bit, slightly embarrassed.

"R-really? I suppose that's a good thing?"

"Yes. I it is. You remind me of her a lot. But she was really little when she left. You can't be her." He said.

Really little when she left?

"You remind me of that little girl, too. You could be the older version of her. If she were still here, actually. But she's not so it doesn't matter." The lady said.

I really don't like this lady.

"Don't listen to her. You know, she lived in this very house. The girl." Squalo said.

"Here? Really? But.... never mind. I was thinking of something else."

The girl lived HERE?! But 10 years ago, I lived here. Maybe it was recently or before. Squalo is older than me.

"Yes. A few years ago. You don't have to worry. She was a happy girl. It was better she died, to be honest. She was teased a lot and no one really cared except for these two kids and me." Squalo said.

"Well I cared. How could you possibly leave me out?" The lady cut in.

"HA! You never cared. She'd come home tore up, late, or not at all and you didn't even ask anything. Somethings you'd be gone for days, and maybe even longer." Squalo said sharply to her.

"You two know the same girl? Is that the same girl you remember from the tea?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's her favorite." Squalo said.

"It's my favorite." I said with a smile.

Their eyes went wide.

"Oh. I just realized I never got your name ma'am." I said.

"Ruri. Ruri Brenckle." She said.

At hearing that, my eyes went wide. I just looked at her. I studied her. Thought of her voice. Trying to think. I heard and saw Squalo trying to get my attention.

"Hey. Are you okay? Hello? What happened? See, your name is known and she's probably thinking of kicking you out you drunkard. That's probably how you hurt yourself." Squalo threw at her.

"Why would you think that? Who said I drank?" She shot back.

"I can smell it on your breath, clothes, hands. You wreak of it." He sent back.

"Ruri.... Brenckle.... "I whispered to myself. They looked to me.

"Hey. It's okay. If you want me out I'll go--" she was cut short by Squalo putting his hand over her mouth, but, for once, she didn't protest against him.

Images and memories came running through my head. This of an alcoholic and drug addict. She was lazy, trifling, hot headed, and uncaring of anything other than herself. Then of another person. One who was sweet and kind. Laughed, had fun and played games with me. It wasn't all the time but when we did see each other, it was fun.

This was of my uncaring and heartless mother and of a good friend. This friend was my first and only long time friend. Before I moved here and met Kyoya and Kusakabe. And this felt different. We were a bit closer than Kyo-kun and Kabe-kun and I were. There was a connection. It was different and yet, I felt it before, only a small difference. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

My eyes were staring into my cup when I started to speak.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I was a bit spooked. Something I remembered. Nothing big. I'm- sorry but I'm kind of tired. It was a long day today at work and I have things to do tomorrow. I'll show you out. It was nice seeing you again. We should talk another time." And I showed them to the door.

We said our goodbyes and I closed and locked the door, turned off all the lights and went to my room.

I sat on my bed and wasn't totally surprised when two shadows appeared.

"Hey Squalo-San, you're here again. And you, too, Reborn. What is you need?" My voice was a monotone.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Heh. There are a lot more surprises to come. Just stay in tune.

My sleep schedule is all over. Right now, as I post this, it is 4:10 am where I am. Well, it's summer so I don't care. Especially because I have nothing to do.... later..... lol.

Well, I'll see you next chapie. Bye~Bi.