It's not really a fight Steph.

A/N
I'm going to be extra kind today and give you another chapter :) enjoy 💜

-------------------
Brooke's POV

*one month later*

The day we got the results, we had driven to Jake and Steph's house and handed them the envelope. They said that they'd set up the party and sort out the reveal surprise.
Today was that day, the day where we get to see whether our little bundle of joy is going to be a boy or a girl. To be honest, I'm quite nervous to find out.

The party was going to be held in our back garden so here we are, decorating for later.
"Pass me them." Lee said, pointing to the ground where the solar fairy lights laid. I nodded and handed them to him so he could nail them to the fence. In the end, they travelled all the way around garden fence and even across the back of the house. I can't wait until it gets dark and we can see them light up the big garden.

Whilst Lee finished decorating, the front door went.
"I'll be back." I said, walking off into the kitchen and through the front room to the door. I pulled down the handle and opened it up to reveal Jake and Steph carrying a massive box in their hands.

"There's no animal in there right?" I asked, laughing before pulling them in for a hug and saying hello.
"Lee's in the garden." I said to Jake as he pulled away from our hug. He had left Steph and I to talk and she handed me the box. It's quite heavy really.
"What's the plan then?" I asked, walking to the kitchen with Steph following shortly behind and placing the box on the kitchen side.
"Basically..." she started with a wide grin. I can tell she's excited about this all.
"Inside that box is a load of balls." She said and I raised an eyebrow.
"Human balls?" I asked and she burst out laughing.
"No you idiot." She said, attempting to calm herself down. Jeez, it wasn't that funny.
"What then?" I questioned, laughing slightly.
"They're basically little balls that explode when thrown at something. Inside them is either pink or blue powder that will go everywhere and then we all find out." She squealed and a smile spread across my face.
"Do you know the gender?" I asked and she shook her head.
"Nope." She replied, popping the 'p'.
"So what's really going to happen is a colour fight party." She giggled.
"It's not really a fight Steph." I laughed, popping the kettle on. I know she's going to want a hot drink of some kind.
"But how fun is it going to be?" She asked, screaming.
"Shhh." I chuckled.
"It'll be very fun. Thank you for doing this for us." I smiled, turning to her and pulling her into a tight hug.
"That's ok. Jake actually came up with the idea. I was going to do the classic cake reveal." She laughed.
"Really? Blimming heck, he's creative." I giggled before making the drinks.

----------------------
"Oh my god, I can see the bump beginning to form." Steph said, jumping up from my bed and placing a hand over my stomach. I had decided to wear a white, long sleeved body con dress that came mid thigh and because it was so tight, my bump was a lot more visible to the naked eye.
"I seriously can't wait for the day you fall pregnant." I laughed, walking over to my dresser and spritzing myself with some Rihanna reb'l fleur perfume before fixing up my brown hair which I had curled earlier.
"Lipstick or no lipstick?" I asked, looking at myself in the mirror. I looked a little boring,
"Lipstick." She said, rummaging through my drawer and picking out a red lipstick.
Lee is going to love this... note the sarcasm.
"Thank you." I giggled, taking it out of her hands and carefully going over my lips with it.

I pursed my lips together and turned to look at Steph who was a lot more stunning than I.
"Are you ready?" I asked, letting out a breath. She took my hands in hers and nodded.
"Let's get this party started." She shouted, raising my hands up in the air before running out of my room.
I laughed at her silliness and followed after her.

----------------------
The party had been going on for about an hour now and all the guests were here apart from one. My dad. He's late. Maybe he's not coming at all. I slouched down in the garden chair and watched as everyone had fun. I never realised how many people were here until now. Lee had a few friends, I had a few friends, family members were here and even some friends of friends that I had never actually met before...

I looked down at my fingers and fiddled about with them. I've come to realisation that I play with my fingers when I'm nervous or anxious. A hand was placed on my shoulder and I averted my eyes from my fingers to the person in front of me.
"What's up chicken?" My mum asked, sitting in the seat beside me. I had told my mum about me seeing my dad again and she didn't seem to mind which I was thankful for.
"Dad hasn't shown." I sighed, leaning back and looking up to the sky. The sun was starting to set and we were going to reveal the gender soon.
My mum didn't say anything except from let out a huff.
"He's been really good at keeping in contact with me but the one time I really want him to show his support for me, he's not here." I said.
"Maybe he's just running late." She said.
"I doubt that." I scoffed, looking to the back door where I had to do a double take. There my dad stood, scanning the garden for me and carrying some flowers with something that looked like cake. I grinned and ran up to him, pulling him in for a tight hug.
"You're here." I said, letting out a sigh of relief into his chest.
"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked with a small chuckle, pecking the top of my head.

I was wrong about him, he obviously does care about me now.

-------------------
"On the count of three." Lee shouted once everyone had their balls aimed at other people around the garden. I was facing lee, getting ready to throw the ball full of powder at him.
"One." Lee started.
"Two." I joined in.
"Three." Everyone said at the same time before throwing their balls at everyone with a scream as powder went everywhere...