You left this here the other day.

A/N
Another little update? Yeah, why not?
Also...
What the heck?! 9k reads on the first book already 😱 that's insane! Thank you all so much for the reads :) it means a lot :) and I do wayyyyyy too many of them smiley faces :))))))))))

----------------
Brooke's POV

"Wake up sleepy head." I said, shaking lee who was sleeping on the sofa as I had his bed last night. He stirred and buried his face into the sleeping bag.
"Lee." I whispered, shaking him again. Yet, he still didn't wake up. I smirked as I had a plan.

I ran off to the bathroom and I took in a deep breath before releasing it with a loud scream. Soon enough, lee came running with a worried look on his face.
"Brooke? Are you ok?" He asked and I laughed.
"Good, you're awake. Get ready, we're getting me in that apartment." I said, scruffing up his hair and walking past him with a smirk.
"How?" Lee asked, following me.
"Through a window." I said in a 'duh' tone.
"You're in an apartment." He said and I nodded, not understanding what he was trying to say.
"Apartments don't have windows." He said and my eyes widened. Well they do but only on the other side of the building which is impossible to climb as I'm on the fifth floor.
"Shit." I cussed, raking my fingers through my hair that was no longer up in it's pony tail.
"We could pick the lock?" Lee suggested.
"And do you have any idea on how to do that?" I asked and he shrugged.
"Meh, I've had a few experiences." He said. What the hell has he been doing for these past five years?
"Well then get ready, we're going lock picking." I smirked, pushing him by the chest back in the bathroom before I wandered to the living room, popping some bread in the toaster. He's bound to be hungry.

----------------
"Hey Brooke." Lee said, grabbing my arm and stopping me from walking out of the front door. I turned and faced him with furrowed eyebrows.
"You left this here the other day." Lee said, holding up my engagement ring and my eyes widened. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.
"Oh my gosh, I've been looking for that. Thank you." I grinned as I slipped off Stephanie's ring and held out my hand for him to slip the ring on for me. He gulped but carefully slid it on my ring finger with a smile.
"There you go m'lady." He said in a posh British accent, bringing my hand up to his lips and kissing it softly.
"Sir." I giggled, bowing down in front of him before we walked out to his car.

Something about that scene back there felt so special and strange. Like it felt like it meant more with lee putting the ring on my finger than Drew. Insane right? Oh god, maybe I am going insane.

-----------------
"Hurry before someone sees us and reports us." I whispered as lee continued to fiddle about with the lock.
"But it's your apartment. We can't get done." He said and I folded my arms over my chest.
"Please, just hurry up." I said and he nodded before the door clicked and he pulled down the handle, opening the door to my apartment.

"Home sweet home." I sighed happily, walking in and falling down to the sofa backwards.
"Don't I get a thanks?" Lee asked, closing the door and looking around.
"Thank you Hinchcliffe." I smirked, resting my head on my hand as my elbow propped it up.
"Anytime miss Smith." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes playfully at the name.
"Anyways, Jake messaged me last night." Lee started. Is he going to continue? I don't know what he's going to say.
"And?" I asked.
"He wants us to go canoeing with him and Steph. He said that Steph tried to ring you but the line just went dead." He said. My phone. My baby. It's dead.

I shot up, grabbing my phone out of my bag and running to my bedroom where I stuck it on charge before walking back out to see Lee confused with the situation.
"What? My phone was dead." I shrugged, falling back down to the sofa and gesturing for him to sit on the one opposite me, which he did.
"Back to the conversation. Canoeing?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yeah, apparently it's fun." Lee said and I laughed slightly.
"Have you ever been canoeing?" I asked him and he shook his head.
"Nope. Have you?" He asked and I also shook my head.
"You know what they say." I said.
"No, I don't. What do they say?" He asked.
"I don't know, I was kind of hoping that you knew..." I said, biting down on my bottom lip to contain my laughter.

----------------
"Right, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 12 then. Be up and ready." Steph said down the phone and I nodded but soon stopped when I realised she couldn't actually see me.
"Yes mum." I laughed.
"Shut up. I love you." She giggled.
"Love you too." I smiled, taking the phone away from my ear and hanging up.

Lee had left a while ago and I've been on the phone to Steph talking about tomorrow. I guess it'll be fun hanging around with just the four of us again. It's been five years since anything like that happened. I'm quite excited really. Also, it's the perfect time to give Steph her ring back. Note to self: DON'T FORGET THE RING!