What are you doing here?

Brooke's POV

"Can you push me?" Charlotte asked as she ran up to the swings.
"Of course." I giggled. Lee and I thought it would be nice to take Charlotte and Rufus to the park before we take her home later.

Sadie said she got home really late last night and peter is sort of doing ok. I have no clue what's wrong with him but it's not my place to ask.

I walked over to a grinning Charlotte and went behind the swing, getting ready to push.
"Hold on tight." I smiled before gently pushing her forward. Her little legs swung in time with the swinging and the laugh that escaped her lips was enough to make both Lee and I laugh.

"How would you like to go extra high?" Lee asked with a wide grin. Charlottes face lit up.
"Yeah!" She exclaimed. I stopped the swing and stepped out of the way for Lee to push her.
"Don't go too high." I whispered, laughing before looking out for Rufus. I soon caught a glimpse of him, sniffing at a tree.

I sighed and walked over to him.
"Here boy." I said, clicking my fingers together. He looked up at me with his tongue flopping out of his mouth and I smiled.
"What are you doing?" I asked, gasping playfully and bending down to his level. He then began to lick my face before charging back off to Lee.

I laughed, standing up and taking in my surroundings. I then saw the unexpected. What the?
I slowly approached this person with furrowed eyebrows. W-what is he doing here?

I scanned over his features as his face studied the book he was currently reading.
"Dad?" I asked. That word was enough to make his head shot up and his eyes widen.
"Brooke?" He questioned, standing up and attempting to pull me into a hug but I refused. As I've said, my dad and I never really got on.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"You want the truth?" He asked.
"No, I want a lie." I replied sarcastically, folding my arms over my chest.
"I know you're pregnant." He blurted out.
"How?" I asked.
"It's hard not to know when you're all over social media and in the newspapers." He answered.
"Why do you care if I'm pregnant?" I questioned.
"Because I'm your father and I'm a soon to be grandfather." He said.
"You are no father to me." I laughed coldly. He let out a sigh in response.
"I know I haven't been there for you and I regret that but I want to be here for you now." He said.
"What if I don't want you to be here for me now?" I asked and he looked to the ground, not answering.
"Mum's new boyfriend has been there more for me in the past few years than you ever have been in your whole life." I said and he gulped.
Just as he was about to open his mouth to say something, lee placed a hand on my smaller back with Charlotte holding his hand.
"Is everything ok? Did I disrupt something?" He asked, looking between my dad and I.
"No, I was just leaving." I said, not tearing my gaze away from my dad.
"Brooke..." he said softly, reaching out to take my hand but I snatched it away from him.
"Do me a favour and go back to America, I don't want to see you." I said, storming away from him, lee following shortly behind questioning everything that had just happened.

You probably think I'm being stupid about my Dad but you have no idea what I've been through and all the times he wasn't there for me. Plus, I told him that once he cheated on my mum, he can forget about any kind of contact with me. Not too harsh, right?

"Who was that?" Lee asked, watching as Charlotte ran back to the playground.
"It doesn't matter." I said, sighing and falling down to the bench.
"It's made you upset, it does matter." He said, sitting down beside me and slinging an arm over my shoulders.
"I'm more angry than upset." I huffed.
"Then tell me why. I can help." Lee said.
"You really can't." I replied.
"I can try." He argued and I rolled my eyes.
"Fine. It was my dad. He found out about my pregnancy and all of a sudden wants to be in my life." I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"I actually have no clue. Why would he want anything to do with our baby when he's never even wanted anything to do with me? I don't understand." I said.
"Maybe he's realised his mistake." Lee shrugged.
"Seriously?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and shaking my head at him.
"What?" He asked frowning.
"You're defending him now?" I asked.
"What? No. All I said was that maybe he's realised his mistakes over the years." He replied.
"Just forget it, I'm going home with Rufus. Don't forget Charlotte." I sighed, moving Lee's arm off my shoulders and putting the lead on Rufus before walking home.

Yes, now I know that I'm definitely over reacting but who can blame me? I've just seen my father for the first time in years.