Im sorry.

Brooke's POV

"Hey, are you ok? You haven't spoken nor looked at me ever since the other day." Lee said as he stood at the front door to the apartment.

I guess I've been a little stupid and I've overreacted about the whole forfeit the other night. I didn't want to see the boys let alone talk to them.
"Did you see the way the guy was looking at us?" I asked and he shook his head.
"He told us to go into his house whilst he searched around for a goldfish first aid kit, which let me add, isn't even real." I huffed, folding my arms over my chest.
"Why didn't you say anything that night? Jake and I would have gone round there and said something." He said to which I responded with a scoff.
"You don't get it. I told you I didn't want to strip but you boys insisted." I said.
"Woah, what?! You're twisting the situation now. You're making it sound as though we forced you to strip which we didn't. You said that you didn't want to strip and all I said was 'I think you are'. That doesn't say anything along the lines of me forcing you. You could have fought back but you didn't, you just stripped as well as Steph, so don't you dare make this my fault." Lee huffed, running a hand through his hair. He seems to do that a lot.
"You could see what was going on so why didn't you step in?" I asked, raising my voice slightly.
"Look, if you want to argue, let me in so that all your poor neighbours don't have to hear this." He said and I sighed loudly, stepping aside and letting him in.

"You've changed B." He mumbled to himself, not wanting me to hear but of course I did.
"How have I changed?" I asked, slamming the front door. I don't even know if I can deal with his shit right now.
"Have you heard the way you talk nowadays? You just seem... I don't know. Feisty." He said and I laughed.
"I'm feisty? Have you seen yourself lately? You're acting like a dick." I yelled.
"If that's what you think then go ahead." He scoffed, falling down to the sofa and resting his feet up on the table which I rolled my eyes at.
"Why did you even come here?" I asked a lot quieter than earlier.
"Because I wanted to know why you were avoiding me all of a sudden." He said, tossing his phone beside him on the sofa.
"And I told you." I said.
"I know, can I not just enjoy your company?" He asked.
"Oh so you're enjoying me yelling at you?" I asked.
"Just a little. It's quite attractive." He said and I laughed a little.
"I'm engaged Leebo." I said, holding up my left hand, showing him my engagement ring that he had recently given back to me.
"I know, I'm just having some friendly banter." He smirked and I sat down beside him.

"I'm sorry." I said softly, resting my head on his shoulder.
"I know." He replied, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me in closer to him.
"No, I mean I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for everything." I sighed.
"I'm sorry for going to America and leaving you behind. Steph told me you went off the rails all because of me and I want to apologise for that. I'm also sorry for never returning your calls, messages or even the emails. I was just scared I guess." I said, barely a whisper towards the end.
"Why were you scared?" He asked softly.
"To be totally honest with you, I have no clue. I was just scared I was going to lose you I guess but in the end, I lost you because I never returned any of those messages." I replied with a shrug.
"You never lost me. Remember that." He said, leaving a long lingering kiss on my forehead.
"Lee." I said.
"Brooke." He mocked which spread a smile on my face.
"Can we just forget all the awkward tension between us both and just be really good friends again. I can't be without you again." I said, taking my hand in his which he gave a gentle squeeze before standing up.

"Where are you going?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. Fuck. Have I messed things up further. He didn't say anything, instead, he walked out the door and shut it again.
I've really screwed things up.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat and fiddled about with my fingers before there was a light tap on the door. I frowned and walked over, opening it up to see Lee standing there with a big grin on his face.
"I'm Lee." He said, holding a hand out for me to shake. He's starting all over again. Cute. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I took his hand and shook it.
"Brooke." I smiled before pulling him in for a hug.

It's times like this where I wish time would just stop so I can savour the moment even more.