I can't send this.

Brooke's POV

"What am I supposed to say Lee?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest and leaning against the side.
"I'm sorry that I accomplished so much in the past few years and you've heard nothing about it?" I added, questioning what to say. Lee has suggested that I speak to my dad, apologise, which I don't understand as I've done nothing wrong to him.
"I don't know." Lee groaned in frustration, sitting down on the kitchen chair. Thank god we took Charlotte home earlier, I'd hate for her to hear this.
"Can I ask you something?" Lee asked and I nodded, letting out a sigh.
"Did he walk away from you or did you walk away from him?" He questioned.
"Both I guess." I shrugged, sitting down on the seat beside him.
"Well who walked away first?" He asked.
"When he cheated on mum, I told him I never wanted anything to do with him ever again, he didn't fight for me, he just walked away." I explained, thinking back to when I was younger. Even though my dad and I never really got along, he was still my dad and seeing him walk away so easily like that destroyed me.
"Maybe you should write him a letter." Lee suggested.
"A letter? Can't I just send him a text?" I asked.
"No, you don't have his number. Plus, a letter is better." Lee said, standing up and searching for a pen and paper.
"I have no clue where he lives. Where do I even send it to?" I asked, stating the obvious.
"We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it." He said, placing the paper in front of me on the table and passing me the pen. I hesitantly took it from him and let out a shaky breath. Why am I so nervous to write this letter?
"Start off simple." Lee said and I brought my hand to the paper, hovering the pen over the top of it.
"Dear Steven." I said but Lee stopped me before I wrote the name.
"Dear Father." He corrected me and I rolled my eyes but wrote it down. I can't believe I'm doing this right now.

Dear Father,
It's taking me a lot to write this but here I am, apologising for your mistakes.
I'm sorry that you didn't want to be part of my successes and would rather be my biggest failure. I'm sorry that you chose life without me in it, in the end, you were the one who walked away from me that day. As harsh as this sounds, I look back on the days that we never shared and I don't get sad anymore. I know how strong I've become just because of your lack of existence. I know that there were people in my life who took your spot and excelled in raising me.

You may not know this but I actually prayed you'd come back to me. I'd tell mum about how much I regretted saying that I never want to see you again and I'd cry night after night all because you left me. So thank you for teaching me that no matter how bad I want someone in my life, it doesn't always happen.

Also, you don't know this but my mother is an amazing woman. You couldn't even imagine all the stress you put on her. She had to go through all that shit whilst watching me hate myself, believe that it was all my fault and cry nightly because of a man who didn't want to be in my life. Congrats! You were the first man to ever break my heart.

If you ever wake up one morning and want to come back into my life, take today as an example, DON'T. I don't need an apology from you. I don't need to hear your voice again. I don't need to know how you're doing, where you are or "what's new" and quite frankly, I don't need you. I was doing perfectly fine without you.
I'm sorry.
Love from Brooke <3

I looked down at the letter with tears brimming in my eyes. I hadn't even noticed how heavy I was breathing. Writing that let a lot of anger out. I looked up at Lee who was looking at me with a worried look.
"I can't send this." I gulped, screwing the piece of paper up and throwing it in the bin.

I stood, hunched over with my hands on my knees, crying hysterically. He makes me so angry to the point where I cry more than I ever have done before.
I soon felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind.
"I hate him, I hate him so much." I cried, turning around and wrapping my arms around his torso, crying into his chest.
"I know baby." He said softly, stroking the back of my head. I pulled away from the hug and looked at him.
"You don't know though Lee. You've had a Dad there for you whenever he could be. The smallest things you did would make him proud. My dad only wants to come back into my life to see our child. He'll be here for a couple of years, make whatever is growing inside of me like him then fuck off." I yelled towards the end. Lees hands cupped at my face.
"Maybe I don't know but what I do know though is that I love you so much. Whatever you choose to do between seeing him again or never talking to him again, I'll be there. Follow your heart Brooke." He said softly.
"I can't follow my heart." I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"Because it's saying that I should see him again." I whispered.