Slowly but surely

(Ollie)

It was a very long way home that evening, it was awkward. We barley even spoke to one another although all I wanted to do was to hug her and tell her everything is alright. Zosias legs were aching but the car broke down so there was nothing I could do to help. "Zosia, do you want me to carry you?" I hesitated for a minute but zosia just stared at me blankly. "You look very tired, come here and let me help you." She stood still for a moment and before she could do anything I lifted her up in my arms. "You don't have to." She whispered but that didn't make me change my mind. She buried her head deep into my shoulder as I placed a light kiss on her forehead. 2 treacherous miles I slowly waddled down bending valleys and lanes. "You can put me down now "she giggled. She had brightened up a bit and so had I. I tried to place her down as elegantly as I could but I kicked the curb and went sliding forward onto the pavement. Lucky zosia already reached the floor before I fell!

(Zosia)

" are you ok?" I got onto my knees and Ollie sat up. He had a red cut on his left cheek that looked really sore. "I'm fine, I'm just being clumsy as per usual." I kissed his cheek gently. "There all better!" I helped Ollie up and we began to walk again. I reluctantly took his hand in mine which was a clear shock to him as I kind of made him jump. We swung our hands backwards and forwards as we laughed over stupid things at work. There may be some unsolved business but we  are getting there, slowly but surely.