33: ρяєтту тιє∂ υρ

Start from the beginning

Silence lingered, and then he sighed deeply. "I'm not going back to that again, Jason. I just need to be free of this shit. First it's Steven and now this? No. I've put my family through enough. It's bad enough that we've had to lie to everyone. I'm over it, and I'm over 'following the rules' since when have you, or anyone else cared about what happened to me?" He sounded genuinely offended by whatever it was that the person had said. 

Again with the silence. "Look Jase, I appreciate the fact that you're trying to protect my identity. But I'm fucking over this. All of this because of a few bad mistakes. I'm a fucking teacher now, I have a damn boyfriend, and I am happy. I'll be dead if I leave this life behind." He snapped angrily. "Either you get that piece of shit back in jail where he belongs, or I'll put him six feet under." 

He was silent. "I'm not going to explain to you why I settled down. It's simple, I don't like living on the run. My life isn't a game anymore. I'm settled down, and not even he could change that. Get looking for him. I have to go pick something up from my warehouse." 

Silence ensued again, and he sighed deeply. "We've been talking too long. Go. Be safe. And please, don't make me have to take things into my own hands. I will be free from him, whether he's locked in a jail cell or..." He trailed off. 

"No, I haven't been doing that. I stopped. Now mind your own damn business. I just told you I'm a teacher." He sounded angry again. Silence again. "No, fuck you, Jason. Protect yourself. I'm not 'going out of the country!'" 

"Bye." He snapped, and slammed his phone down on the counter. I walked back up to my room and sat down on the bed slowly. I couldn't stand the confusion anymore but really, what can I do? I can't demand him to tell me about the phone call. He'll know I spied on him. But... then again his life is mine, right? That's what he agreed to when he signed the contract. Granted, I didn't know what all he entailed, but.. I love him anyway. 

When he walked back into my room, he looked nervous. He was fidgety, and  nervous looking. He obviously wasn't too comfortable, and it was eating me alive. "What was that about?" I snapped, unable to control myself. 

"S-sorry master," He whispered shyly. "I just... had to call a friend." 

"And you yell at your friends commonly?" I asked him and he sighed. 

"You heard?" He whispered. 

"A bit." I admitted. 

"Look, it's not what it sounds like..." He trailed off. 

"So what is it then?" I growled, and he sighed. 

"It's... complicated." He admitted. "I can't really go into detail right now. I have to go pick something up." He said, and I grabbed him by his wrist. 

"Terrance will do it." I snapped. "You aren't leaving my side until I know what the hell is going on." 

He was silent, and biting his lip as he looked over me. "Sykes please," He whispered, "I-I can't..." He trailed off. 

"You can and will." I demanded. 

"I was a hooker before a teacher." He snapped, anger in his eyes. "I had no money, my dad blew through everything while he was on drugs. When he died, they repossessed the house, froze all of our accounts, and I lost my damn college fund." He looked upset, and I felt upset myself. "I'm not some little user who'll get with a master and use him for money. I would never do that. Therefore, I sold the only thing I had when I had to go to college, my body. I tried getting a job, nothing worked." He wasn't angry anymore, he just looked... broken. "I knew that it wasn't safe, but I didn't have a choice. Zexions father was a single father already raising his own son, and me, he didn't even had money to put Zexion through college. That's why Zex and Liam initially met."