28: ι ℓσνє ρℓαуιи ωιтн fιяє

Start from the beginning

Mina and Alejandro were what I would call the power couple. They fed off of each others inhibitions. They made each other complete in some way that I'd never understood before. How they could manage to have five children and both work full time jobs, I'd never know, but they managed well. All of their children were well behaved, kind and well mannered. I'd never had a complaint about them, and that was something to be said.

"He's fine," I answered softly, and Zaire pulled his attention away from whatever he was discussing to look at me and Mina. "Mina, this is my boyfriend, Zaire." I said and he smiled at her.

"Well, it is certainly nice to meet the man who's finally unthawed the ice man," Mina joked, and Zaire blushed as she stuck out her hand to shake. Alejandro introduced himself afterwards, and Zaire nodded at them both.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." He said kindly, and he looked up at me for permission to shake her hand. I nodded subtly, and he took her hand into his, and shook it.

"How's he doing in school? He settling in well at your place?" Mina asked, and I nodded.

"Alexei is a wonderful child," Zaire said softly. "He's so strong, and he's absolutely brilliant in school." He seemed to be able to get the points across in a much more timely manner than I could. For whatever reason, seeing him take charge really turned me on, and I couldn't wait to get home so that I could press him against the nearest object and fuck him until he's screaming my name.

"I know he is," Mina said, a smile on her face. "He's so well mannered, also. I wish my children were like that. Unfortunately, because we work so much, they get away with almost everything, and can act like little monsters sometimes." Mina complained, and Zaire's face lit up.

Sure, he knew a lot about everything, but if there is one thing I'm sure he knows everything about it's children. Especially younger children like theirs.

"How old are they?" He ventured.

"Jose is the oldest, he's twelve." Mina said, "Alicia and Jesus are twins, and are both seven. Gracie is six, and Mariana is the youngest at five." She said softly.

"Oh, they are pushing your buttons then!" He said kindly, a smile on his face. "Trust me, once you show them that they won't get away with it, they'll stop." He explained softly.

"We try to show them we mean business, but Alejandro doesn't want to discipline them like human beings." She rolled her eyes, and Alejandro rolled his eyes.

"Well, children need guidelines." Zaire said calmly. "It's like this, they'll grow up eventually. Do you want to have controlled teenagers, or teenagers that are completely out of control?" He asked, and Mina nodded her head at him, entranced.

"What do you suggest?" She asked, and he sighed.

"It's difficult to punish children when you are never around." He admitted. "Sometimes, it makes you feel like the only time you spend with them is negative. However, what you really need to do is set guidelines. Make them follow the guidelines you set." He said, and she nodded. "Reward them when they do good, and they'll strive to continue to do good."

Alejandro snorted. "They are people not dogs."

"Alejandro, shut up. He's right." Mina snapped.

"I mean, you're right they are people so you can't just take them back to a pet-store and demand a refund. You have to teach them to behave how you desire them to behave. If you'd like to raise a bunch of well mannered children who mind, and wont give you a run for your money, you have to set boundaries." Zaire returned. I nodded slightly. "If you'd prefer to have a bunch of hoodlums, then feel free to completely ignore me."

"Do you even have children?" Alejandro retorted.

"I helped raise my best friends baby before I moved, and I am a kindergarten school teacher. I believe I might know what I am talking about." He retorted, and shuffled closer to me. I could tell Alejandro was making him nervous because he was getting a bit snappy, and coming closer to me as he talked.

"And he's helped raise Alexei while I worked." I admitted, and he blushed, looking down. "Alexei is so much better now that I have Zaire. He does everything on a schedule, and since Zaire's moved in with me, his behavior has improved tenfold." I piped up.

Alejandro looked thoughtful a moment. "If he's so great with kids, why don't you two adopt?" Alejandro asked.

"Sykes works a lot, and so do I." He explained gently, as if being closer to me made him less nervous and snappy. "I can handle taking care of both Sykes and Alexei just fine, but I'm stretched thin. Adding another child into the situation just wouldn't feel proper." He covered for me automatically.

I liked how he immediately jumped to my defense, but I felt slightly bad because he was having to lie for me. I'd never really confided in anyone else about my fears for raising a child, before Zaire, at least.

The thought of raising a child made me nervous. What if I'm like my father, and do nothing but mentally barrage my child until he's too broken to fall in love? My father didn't break me entirely, Zaire was my missing puzzle piece, but what if my child doesn't have a Zaire?

"How did you two meet?" Mina jumped in, changing the course of the conversation. A gentle, warm smile spread across Zaire's face as he nestled himself in beside me, and looked up at me.

"I'm Alexei's school teacher." He blushed and looked down at the floor shyly before looking back up at her with a beautiful smile. "He came into my classroom and ever so boldly asked me out. Then he told me to dress nice and text him when Im on lunch break." he giggled.

"Aw that's so romantic!" Mina said excitedly.

"It was shocking to me, because like he didn't even know I was gay. He just blurted it out." I didn't point out that I had indeed spent the night before pounding him into a screaming mess, because they did not need to know that.

I keep my BDSM life separate from my work life so anybody I work with doesn't know Im into it. I keep it to myself because that could ruin my company if anyone ever caught wind of that.

BDSM is treated like a deviancy and it is rather annoying. Its all because people only see the serial killers who are into S&M and BDSM and abusive assholes like Zaire's ex.

People don't see BDSM as what it is, a lifestyle that is codependent on the dominant earning trust and the submissive giving trust. They don't see the beauty in having someone rely on you in a different way than the social norm.

I know if Zaire hadn't been into BDSM I would have still gone out with him. Zaire called to me in a way that I simply could never have ignored.

As everyone around me continued to chat, I simply watched Zaire as he interacted. I could have gotten onto him about being too bold as he met everyone's eyes but my own but I couldn't. 

It would be a sin to quell such an innocent souls joy, my mother would probably say. My father would have punished him I would imagine. But really, my fathers a douche bag and there is absolutely no way Im using his words to guide me in this.

This though its hard to see, I really just want to see Zaire be happy.

I heard it before I saw it, but the minute I saw the gun, I shielded Zaire's body with my own.

I felt a sharp pain on the left side of my chest and gasped, sticking my hand down and pulling my fingers back up to see blood.

I heard Zaire scream and felt his frantic breathing as he tried to keep me awake. But my body was having none of it, as soon as I hit the ground everything went blank.