“Why the fuck would I tell you?”

“Okay. Forgot I asked,” I said, putting my hands up in the defeat of my trying to be relatable.

“So if you’re not with Blake, do you have a boyfriend?” she asked.

“Yes, actually, I do,” I said, receiving an intrigued look from the adolescent girl.

“Kennedy! Are you scaring Elle already?” Blake asked, coming back down with a tall boy following him. The boy looked to be about fifteen. I not seriously babysitting two teens and a toddler? Man, my mom hates me.

“No! We were just chatting,” she answered sweetly, sending Blake a fake smile, and scowling at me once again.

“Fine. Elle, this is Jack,” Blake said.

“Hi,” I said.

“Hey,” the tall boy said, nodding his head.

“We’re twins,” Kennedy said.

“Wait, really?!” I asked enthusiastically. I love twins. They’re so cool! I mean someone born on the same day, at the same time, on the same year as you- that’s epic right there! When I was younger, I used to wish that I had a twin instead of Jordan.

“Yeah. I’m taller,” Jack said, smirking at his sister.

“Asshole,” she mumbled.

“Hey! I heard that! Kennedy one more time, and I swear I’ll… I’ll…” Blake exclaimed, searching for a threat.

“You’ll what? What exactly are you going to do to me?” Kennedy tested, putting her hands on her hips.

“I’ll take away your phone,” he proclaimed triumphantly.

“You wouldn’t!” she shrieked in terror.

“Try me!” Blake challenged.

“Okay! You’ve made your point! No more swearing!” Kennedy said.

“Good. Now I have to go, but you three treat Elle nicely, and don’t break her?”

“Creep,” Kennedy muttered.

“Okay, so Elle, basically if Kennedy swears again then take away her phone, and keep a tally of how many times certain words come out of her mouth. Make sure Jack’s not playing Call of Duty for the entire afternoon, and Bella isn’t allowed to make spaghetti, no matter what she tells you. If Kennedy is texting for more than an hour, take away her phone. That applies to Jack too-”

“Psh. He doesn’t even have any friends to text,” Kennedy interjected.

“Anyways,” Blake said, giving her a stern look, “if Bella wants to go to the park then the other two have to go along. Kennedy knows where it is. For dinner, you can either cook or eat out. Whatever the kids want. The twins have reports due Monday, so their partners may stop by to help. With me so far?” I nodded, slightly dazed, and he continued, “Okay, so here’s my number, and Meredith’s number if you need to reach us. I don’t think I’m forgetting anything… Oh! Bella is not allowed to have any form of sugar after five o’clock. Any questions?”

I thought for a moment, processing the information before responding, “What time will either of you be back?”

“Around seven,” he answered.

“So, do I have to put any of them to bed?”

“No. Thank you so much for doing this Elle, I apologize in advance for the behavior you will be subjected to this afternoon. Don’t hate me because of how they act. Love two of you, bye,” he said, kissing Bella on the forehead, waving to Jack, and opening the door. He didn't step out, and I was a little confused at first until he said, “Can I help you?”