“Well, my sister’s pretty much insane, and forgot that she had a business meeting now, so, I get to meet you, and give you the instructions of how to tolerate the devils,” he explained.

“Oh. Cool.”

“Yeah. So Elle, I didn’t think you did this sort of thing,” he said, sitting down on the edge of a leather couch placed a few feet away from the front door I had just entered from.

“What sort of thing?”

“You know- work.”

“Oh generally I don’t, but my mother thinks that I need to have a good gage on what ‘hard working’ means, so I was kind of forced into this,” I retorted, smoothing down my hair nervously.

“I see. So, do you want to meet the little devils?” he asked, smirking.

“Sure..?” I said, unsure of what my mom had enlisted me in.

“Okay then. Bella! Kennedy! Jack!” he called, as I moved over to a chair and sat down. So Blake was the uncle of the kids I was involuntarily babysitting… Interesting. I like Blake; he’s always seemed nice, in the short time that I’ve known him. I’m sure anyone related to him can’t be too bad.

“What Blakey?” a little girl about the age of four asked, running down the stairs.

“Bella, this is Elle, your new babysitter,” Blake said, winking at me.

“Hi,” I said, waving slightly to the little girl that stood before me in a dress that looked like it belonged to one of the Disney Princesses. It was yellow… Jasmine? No! Cinder- Nope. Huh… I should totally know this… Belle! Yup, that’s it!

“Blake what the hell do you want?” another girl said, entering the room from a hallway.

“Language,” Blake warned.

“Like I give a shit what that little baby hears,” she said, rolling her eyes defiantly. She looked to be in her early teens, about thirteen.

“Kennedy, please stop. This is Elle, your new babysitter,” Blake said.

“I don’t even understand why the fuck I need a babysitter, I mean Jack may need one, but I don’t!” she said in a “duh” tone.

“Speaking of Jack, where is he? Oh and I’m serious, next time you swear, your mom is so finding out,” Blake said, rushing up the stairs the little girl in yellow had just come down.

“Don’t even think for a second that I’m listening to you!” the older girl hissed, sending me a cold glare.

“Kennedy huh? How old are you? Thirteen? Fourteen?” I asked.

“Fourteen. I know I’m short. Get over it,” she said, her voice thick with attitude.

“I remember that age,” I sighed.

“Oh yeah? I be you also remember when dinosaurs roamed the earth,” she snorted, twirling her blonde hair with the use of a finger.

“Not that old, sorry kid,” I said, shaking my head.

“Whatever. How old are you?”

“Generally you don’t ask people that question, but I’m eighteen… and a half,” I said. Yes, the half totally counts.

“Blake’s nineteen. Are you two like hooking up?” she accused.

“No! What would make you think that?” I said, caught off guard by the question she had asked.

“Pretty girl, in my house, he’s actually being polite, I’m not an idiot,” she said.

“Oh. Great. As I was saying, when I was your age I was actually recovering from a pretty bad heartbreak. You have a boyfriend?” I asked. That’s what babysitters do, right? Don’t they try to relate to the kids or some shit?