Letters; {E}

Sitting down on your bed your laid out all the letters you and your old bestfriend, Ethan had sent back and forth from one another.

Picking up each one and reading how he'd say he loved you, he couldn't wait to finally see you.

He left New Jersey for LA, you were in contact for a matter of months. But hadn't been recently.

You heaved a sigh and stood, picking up the last letter you got from him and trailed over to your desk. You laid it out infront of you and grabbed your notepad, which held all your letters you were gonna send but chose not to, some of where you'd cried. Some of where you were so happy you just told him about your day but you felt clingy. So you chose not to send them.

You grabbed a pen and tapped it on your bottom lip, thinking of what you could possibly say.

Dear Ethan,

It's been months since I've sent one if these. I just wanted to see wether you were okay.

How are you? I miss you.

I miss having you around, i feel like somethings missing. I miss you so much.

Is everything okay? Why haven't you spoke to me? I feel clingy but it's been months.

I've found myself looking through your old letters you sent, now realising that they were getting shorter and shorter. Your first letter was two pages long. Your last was half a page, not even that.

I used to write to you, all the time. Hoping you'd reply. Hoping you'd let me know your okay. Are you okay? Is everything okay? How's Grayson?

I looked through our old pictures, memories came flooding back. Like, the day when we were like seven, we stumbled upon a tree house. It was ours from then on.

It's still decorated in our old stupid drawings, maybe when you come back. We'll redecorate it? I'll buy us blankets, pillows. A small refrigerator? Because all you thought about was your stomach, half the time anyways.

But as you don't reply, this is it. This is goodbye Ethan, I'm moving out of New Jersey to New York. I was accepted into the college of my choice.

I hope your happy for me, I love you.

-y/n.

With that you folded it up, stuffed it into an envelope. And wrote it off for Ethan with his address on it and sent it.

Letters were all you had left of Ethan, but they were something so meaningful to you. He spent his time writing them, not typing them. He used his own thoughts, not an Instagram post or a snapchat. They couldn't be deleted with a swipe.

That's why you've always preferred letters.
-
A/n;; the ended didn't go as planned, none of it did but oh well.

-Taylor🍃💚