Perfect; {G}

Inspired by; Ed Sheeran-Perfect.

He watched as you laughed with your friends, seeing how happy you looked. But he knew it weren't real, you were dying on the inside and he knew it.

He ruined you.

He broke you.

He sat back and shook his head, swallowing the lump in his throat and the tears in his eyes.

"Not today," he murmured, "not today grayson."

You sat with your friends, your smile wide and your eyes bright. But inside, your thoughts were dark, your heart was slow.

He put you on edge.

He made you believe he loved you.

He was perfect.

The whole relationship was perfect.

The thought of being in love with him, that was perfect.

"So, got back into dating?" A friend of yours said, you looked at him and shook your head.

"No,"

"Why not? It's been awhile since Grayson." He said carelessly, you knew they didn't really care. They just wanted information to spread around the school.

"I know." You shrugged, leaning back on the palms as they all scoffed.

"Your boringgg." Avery huffed as she looked at you, you rolled your eyes.

"I know, nobody's perfect."

She rolled her eyes and propped herself up, "your depressing too." With a huff, you pushed yourself up and walked away.

Grayson watched as you did so, watching your cheeks flare into a red from anger, he wanted to run over and take you into his arms, hoping you wouldn't push him away. But he knew you would, or so he thought.

Sitting at the back of the school you laid your legs before you, looking around as memories hit you like a ton of bricks.

"Oh my god, Gray. We can't ski-" he cut you off by pressing your back against the wall and kissing you.

You set a small smile, but it fell as you shook your head. Remembering what he did.

"Y/n, i need to tell you something." It was a year or two into the relationship and you thought it was gonna be the three words you wished for, but it was the opposite. The complete fucking opposite.

"It was a dare." He said, you frowned and looked at him.

"What was?"

"When i asked you out." Everything came crashing at your feet, you stared at him as he gulped. You walked away, leaving him on his own. Not wanting him to explain. You'd heard enough, you'd had enough.

You stayed home from school for a couple of weeks, months maybe. It was all a blur. He texted, called, came to your house but you refused any type of contact.

In the end you blocked his number and soon he stopped coming to your house. A year or more had gone straight down the drain.

Every little thing about him you missed but you hated it too.

You hated him for asking you out as a dare but you regretted not giving him a chance to explain.

Not giving him the chance to actually let him tell you wether he liked you, wether he fell for you throughout it.

He loved you.

He fell so hard he regretted asking you out, he regretted it because one day he'd had to tell you it was a dare and then you'd walk away.

Just like he imagined.

But soon you came to terms and realised even if you did forgive him, you wouldn't get what you had back.

It was all perfect to be true anyways.

Something was bound to happen, and it did. He broke it to you and your heart fell out your ass and shattered at your feet.

Everything around you slowed down in time with the pace of your heartbeat, your eyes stung from the tears bottling up in your eyes. Your hurt filled eyes. Grayson became a blur and you wanted to scream.

So you walked away.

You turned and you walked away. Not letting him apologise. Not letting him explain. You just walked away.

You went home and you cried, typical huh?

As of Grayson, he went home and broke down. His heart had been ripped to shreds as you walked away. He watched and hoped you turn around and run back straight into his arms.

He sobbed.

His eyes stung as he continued to cry into Ethan's shoulder, telling him how he was stupid. Telling Ethan how stupid he was for letting you walk away.

He broke himself.

He ruined himself.

He came into school the next day, praying you were there but you were no where to be seen.

His eyes were red, puffy, bloodshot and drooped. He hadn't got a hint of sleep, the thought of you kept him up all night.

The same picture stayed in his mind all night.

It was you, your reaction of when he told you. Your eyes were glassy and your lips parted slightly, your facial expression said you were confused but your eyes told a different story. You looked so hurt.

So fucking hurt.

To this day it still kills him, the same damn picture in his head.

"Nobody's perfect Grayson," you murmured, looking at him.

"Nobody is, but you are." He said, wrapping his arms around you with a cheesy smile.

"That's so cheesy." You laughed, looking up at him.

"I don't care."

He was so wrong, you weren't perfect and nor was he.

Nobody's perfect.

No relationship is perfect either.
-
A/n;; the ending was rushed, sorries

-Taylor👑💜