once a cheat, always a cheat. (remake)

{e.}

you kick off your shoes with a heavy sigh, slipping your jacket down your arms with slight struggle since the silk on the inside plastered to your arms on your way home from work, from walking in the rain. your car had broke down a few days back and was put in repair, and your phone had died halfway throughout your day at work.

you breath out a quiet breath before making your way to the kitchen, grabbing a coffee mug from off the dryer beside the sink placing it on the slate of glass where you make your morning teas or coffees and the coffees your boyfriend, ethan makes throughout the day.

you lean back against the counter, startled by the sound of your door being hurried into. a smile progresses on your face at the sight of ethan, but drops slightly at the sight of him pulling a girl in the door and into his chest, kissing her with the passion he once kissed you with.

you stand frozen, not knowing what to do. your mind blank and your lips agape.

even though you prepared yourself for this, still you stand there doing nothing. watching as they strip themselves, making their way up the hallway in giggles.

you push yourself from the counter and stride to the end of the hall, looking up toward where they are as ethan pushes this girl toward your guys bedroom, just by chance, he glances down the hall. he does a double take as his face drops as you just stand with a straight face.

"shit.." he mumbles, about to walk toward you but the girl calls his name, he looks at you before he looks at the woman he'd brung home.

"why?" you ask, shrugging slightly. he stands frozen, the girl calling his name once again before she walks out of your room. her eyes trailing to where ethan's looking, her face dropping a slight.

"why?" you repeat it a little louder than before. he visibly gulps and clenches his jaw, refusing to answer you.

"okay then." you let out a quiet laugh and make your way toward the door, grabbing your sneaker and slipping them on, grabbing the soaking wet coat you broke freedom from just a few minutes ago and putting it back on.

"i'll leave you to it," you say, grabbing your keys off the hook. your shaky hands struggling to take off the key to the apartment, the small, shabby apartment you'd grown to love and adore.

a new start he said.

"don't expect me to come back this time."

"y/n." ethan jogs down the hallway and you make your way out of the door after dropping the key by his shoes, pulling your jacket more up your shoulders as you proceed to make your way toward the elevator. ignoring what ethan has to say for himself.

he's done it once before, you were just so in love with him and his ways you chose to back to him. hoping he'd changed.

but obviously he never. he just can't stop himself.

you shake your head and push at the button for the elevator, crossing your shaky arms across your chest as you take in a breath. you aren't crying, you aren't the slightest hurt, you're just angry.

but you know you'll cry sooner or later.

you tuck your hands between the creases of your arms, standing back against the elevator wall, glancing at ethan as he watches you leave. the doors seal closed and that's when you realise that's the same girl.

and that ethan was once a cheat. now always a cheat.
-
-
-

{g.}

you glanced into the bedroom you and your boyfriend shared. you felt sick to your stomach with what you'd just done.

seeing grayson peacefully sleep as if he hasn't got a care in the world. but he shouldn't be sleeping like that.

you kicked off your heels by the closet door and made your way into the bathroom, staring back at yourself in the mirror with tear filled eyes. looking at the lovebites forming over your collarbone and chest.

you heard a floorboard creak by the bathroom door and turned to face a half awake grayson, his hair was a mess, his eyes barely open with a small smile playing on his plump lips. you watched as he lifted his hands to rub his eyes to clear his vision.

you watched his gaze land on your chest as his smile dropped slightly. "are they what i think they are?" he asked quietly, his voice slightly croaky from just waking up.

you threw your hair up into a messy bun and caught his gaze as you nodded slightly, feeling guilt rush through your body.

you cheated..again.

he kinda nodded and took a couple steps back, "who with this time?" he asked, walking into the bedroom and sitting on the bed as he looked at you.

"someone i met at a bar-"

"you just met him and you fucked him, jesus christ. i didn't think you'd go that low." grayson cut you off, putting his head in his hands as he rubbed his eyes roughly. you knew he was trying not to cry, you knew he was hurt, you knew he was angry.

but you knew you'd regret it. yet you still did it.

"it's okay." grayson looked at you, his eyes burning with tears as he nodded slightly. "i'm used to it." he mumbled, you felt your heart drop as your bottom lip slightly trembled.

"you shouldn't be." you spoke up, he chuckled and stood up. nodding as he slipped a shirt on.

"yeah, i shouldn't be. but it's because of you i'm used to this. seeing marks that shouldn't be there unless they were put there by me, smelling another mans aftershave on you, trusting you, waiting for you to hurt me again. YOU are why i'm used to this hurt feeling, this pit at the bottom of my stomach. it's all because of YOU." he raised his voice a couple times but kept himself calm, his back to you as you kept yourself silent.

"i don't know how i still love you." he said, turning to face you. tears brimming his eyes. "it hurts. it hurts to know you'd rather sleep with another man then lay with me and think of how much you love me-do you even love me?" he laughed and looked at you, shaking his head.

"no." you murmured, shaking your head slightly as you averted your gaze to your feet. you felt him move closer, his fingers brush your jawline to make you look up as he looked you dead in the eye.

the hurt in his eyes more prominent than ever, newly laid tear trails running down his rosy cheeks. "if you don't love me. why didn't you just leave instead of hurting me over and over again?"

"i don't know." you mumbled, he just nodded and backed up, grabbing a blanket and a pillow for himself to sleep downstairs on the couch.

"tomorrow, you leave. you sleep up here tonight, i'll help you pack in the morning. don't expect me to ask you to stay. i'm done with you." he said, leaving the bedroom. his footsteps fading as he walked downstairs and into the living room.

although he was hurt. although he felt like shit. he still let you sleep upstairs. why? because no matter what you've done. he'd rather you sleep comfortably than him.

"once a cheat," he mumbled, sitting on the couch. putting his head in his trembling hands, "always a cheat."
-
a.n.:
this a remake of one of the first imagines i ever wrote. an updated version i guess. ethans is in present text and graysons is in past text lmao.

i hope you enjoyed it.