Storms; {E}

"Ah!" Ethan covered his ears with his palms as a thunderstorm stood over LA.

Ethan's never been a fan of them, you on the other hand, you would walk through one without a flinch.

"Babe," you yawned as you sat up, seeing Ethan in the corner of your shared room, "why aren't you sleeping?"

"I-I can't sleep." He let out a short whine as the thunder got louder.

"Why not?" You shifted so you could get out of the sheets you managed to wrap yourself in.

"I'm scared of thunder," his voice was low and barely audible. "I got scared."

"Awh Ethan." You got up and sat infront of him. His eyes wide and full of fear. "Why didn't you wake me up.?"

"I didn't want to look like a scaredy cat." He mumbled, you sighed and cupped his face. Him not even being able to stop himself from shaking.

"You aren't a scaredy cat, your a man." You smiled at him as he moved his hands fully away from his ears, the rain hammering against the window.

"I feel like a little girl," he looked at you softly his eyes slowly fading into tiredness, "but I'm tired." He whispered.

"Come," you stood and pulled him up with you and walked to the bed, his bare feet padding the cold floor as he yawned. Flinching with every loud noise. "Go sleep."

He walked past you, and flopped onto the bed with his face buried in his pillow. Smiling, you climbed in beside you and cuddled into him.

"Night bab." You kissed his side as his snores echoed the room.

If only he'd just realised thunderstorms aren't ever going to hurt him.

-Taylor🍃💚