Lovers & Friends: Thirty-Nine

-Nine Months Later-

Compared to my first pregnancy, this baby was giving me hell. Between not being able to keep down a single meal and having trouble sleeping, I wasn't so sure I wasn't caring the source's baby. But having Trey with me, supporting me every second of the day was more than I can ask for and I knew I wouldn't be able to have this baby without him.

Lately it seemed that the two of us were just waiting for the baby to come. My delivery date was at the end of this week and I was so excited.

Trey is nowhere to be found in our room when I wake up in the morning. His help would've been really useful when getting out of bed but I managed to do it without him. Once I was showered I threw on a navy maxi dress which it what I seem to wear a lot since It was much more comfortable than jeans and shirt.

I walked downstairs where I find Trey standing over the stove.

"Morning baby" He takes a step away from the stove to kiss my forehead.

"Morning." I look up and he lowers his lips to give me a quick peck on the lips. "You're up early."

"Yeah, I know. I got called into the studio. There's some tracks I need to work on before the baby comes."

"Oh okay."

"Are you going to be okay alone for a little bit?" Trey asks, concern written all over his face.

"I'm having a baby. I'm not a baby." I laugh. "I'll be fine." I reassure him.

"Okay. Just call me if you need anything. I should be back by noon." Trey informs me before he kisses my forehead before leaving.

While Trey is gone I surf Netflix, watching a whole bunch of movies until I needed to pee. I stand up from the couch when suddenly I felt a jolt of pain go through my body.

"Ow!" I groaned in pain and sucked in a breath.

It hits me again but harder than the first time, and I screamed in pain. I then felt something wet and sticky between my legs and look down. There was water and blood streaming down my legs and onto the floor. I began to panic. I had one hand on the hand of the couch to balance myself and reached for my cellphone that was on the coffee table.

Another contraction struck.

"Ahh!" I screamed. Tears were threatening to fall because of the pain I was in. I sat back on the couch and grabbed my phone and quickly searched through my contacts.

Kori was the last person I talked to earlier today so she was the first name that appeared. I quickly pressed the call button and waited impatiently for her to pick up. Two rings passed before I heard her voice come through.

"Hey Amina! What's up?" She answered.

"Kori, I-" Was all I got to say before I was cut off by my own scream.

"Amina?"I was too busy clutching onto my stomach and panting in pain to answer. "Amina" She shouted, sounding frantic.

"OW!!" I screamed in response.

"Just hang on, I'll be over." She said and hung up and I heard the dial tone.

When I reached the hospital I was immediately tended to and brought into to the delivery room. My contractions weren't close enough for me to start pushing yet so I had to wait.

"Where's Trey?" I asked Kori.

"I don't know. I called him and he said he was on his way but then the line went dead. He's not answering his phone anymore." She told me.

I groaned as another contraction came.

"Amina? Amina, are you okay?!" April frantically asked as she burst through the room, Alex on her heels.

"I'm fine April. But these contractions are a pain in the ass." I told her truthfully. She came over to me and started lightly stroking my hair.

"Where's Tremaine?" April asked.

"We don't know. He's not answering his phone." Kori answered.

"Wasn't he with you?" Alex asked looking at me.

"He left this morning. I haven't seen him since." I answered.

"Call him again!" April nearly shouted.

"What do you think I'm doing, trying to win concert tickets?" Kori snapped.

"I know you're worried about Trey, but just calm down." I tell my mother in law.

"My son should be here right now!" She said, clearly agitated.

Just then her phone rang. She took out her pocket and looked at the screen. "It's Trey." She informed us before pressing the talk button and placing the phone up to her ear. "You better have a hell of a good reason why you're not here with Amina" Justine scolded. Abruptly, Justine's facial expression changed. "Yes, this is she." She said. "What?" April sounded stunned. She paused and looked over at me. "It's the police."

"The police? Why do the police have Tremaine phone?! What-" I started going into hysterics.

"calm down baby girl." Alex said trying to sooth me. We all listened intently for April's next words.

"Okay...How could this have happen? Okay... Thank you." April paused every moment letting the police officer talk. April hung up the and was quiet for a long moment.

"What happened? Why were the police calling you?" I asked, unable to handle the silence any longer.

"Apparently Tremaine was in a car accident. Both he and the driver of the truck are in severe condition... They're bringing the both of them in right now." By the time April stopped explaining she had years rolling down her cheek."