Six

{Amina's POV}

My day goes by quickly, too quickly after Tremaine drops me off at school. My English and Developmental Psychology class seems like they only lasted for 5 minutes instead of almost 2 hours. By the time my last class is done it's almost 2 in the afternoon.

Taking the bus sucks.

The waiting, the smelly people, the older men eye-raping me the whole ride. I tell myself it's only for another month and then I would have officially saved up enough money to buy my own car.

The sun is blazing and follows me with every step I take towards my apartment. I see a familiar black Honda sitting in the parking lot and I know Dmitri is home.

I hold back my sigh as I stop in front of the door. I've avoided him long enough... now it was time to face his wrath. I pull out my keys to unlock the door but it's already opening before I could get the key into the lock. Filling up the doorway is my boyfriend Dmitri.

He's upset. I can tell by the storm brewing behind his smoky brown eyes and his clenched jaw.

"Hi." I say softly before I push past him inside the house.

"Where the hell have you been? I called Mel and she said she hasn't seen you so I knew you weren't with her." He says after he slams the door shut.

"I was with Alex." I confess.

"So you out here sleeping at another guy's house when you should be here with your man?" Dmitri says accusingly.

"He's not just any guy Dmitri... He's your best-friend; I wouldn't do that to you." I remind him.

It was that night/morning I went to Alex's house to tell him to turn down the music that I met Dmitri. Alex was the one to introduce us. Even though I was in an emotional place in my life that time, it was easy to see why I fell for Dmitri. He was attractive (not as attractive as Tremaine...). We had the same light brown complexion, his eyes were a beautiful smoky brown, nice lips, and one of the most beautiful smiles I'd ever seen on a man.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to think when you ignore my calls and text messages." Dmitri continues.

"I'm sorry, it's just after yesterday I couldn't stay here. I needed to clear my head." Yesterday morning we got into an argument about what I wore. He called me fat and ugly- like he always did and for some reason yesterday it was all just too much. I just needed time away.

To think about what I got myself into.

"You know I didn't mean any of that baby. You're beautiful; I just couldn't have you leaving the house like that and have all these other nigga stare at you." He explained. "I love you baby." Dmitri pulls me into his arms and I flinched before I realized he was just holding me then I relaxed.

"I love you too." I say softly as I wrap my arms around his back, holding him close to me.

"Pull a stupid stunt like that again and you'll regret it." Dimitri threatens nicely before he kisses my forehead. "Understand me?" He asks while staring into my eyes. He pulled away from the hug and held onto my wrist so I wouldn't move.

His grip was tightening, becoming painful.

"I understand." I nod my head.

"Good girl." He smiles pleased before he lifts my chin and pecks my lips. When he finally loosens his grip on my wrist and walks away, I sigh relieved. He's out of the room and I look down my wrist which was starting to bruise and sigh before heading into the bathroom to shower.
———————————
2+ comments for the next chapter! Thanks for reading!