Lovers&Friends: Twenty-Five

{Trey's POV}

"Are you tired?" I look over my shoulder to see Amina walking towards me. After we made love, we showered and decided we'd come lay out on the beach. She had changed into a one piece bikini which had the sides cut out.

"No." I answer just as she sat in lounge chair next to me. She relaxed against her seat after handing me a glass of champagne.

"It's so calm out here." She whispered as she stared out into the ocean.

"You're happy with my decision?" For weeks I thought about where I wanted to take Amina for our honeymoon. There are so many places I wanted her to see. So many things I want her to experience. I wanted to show her the world. But I remember having a great time vacationing in Jamaica and thought I'd start her off here.

"I love it." She smiled. "How long are we staying?"

"Just a week."

"Hmm," She stood up before coming over and straddling me on my chair. "What are we going to do with all this alone time?"

"Damn woman, you didn't get enough of me an hour ago? I'm starting to think you only like me for my body." I joked.

Amina laughed. "It took you this long to figure that out?" I pressed my lips together,not finding that funny at all. "I'm kidding!" She laughs again before she cups my face again before brushing a soft kiss to my lips. "I love you. The real you. Not the one that the world gets to see. But Tremaine. The one who steered me into the light when I believed all there was was darkness." She tells me.

"You will never have to face that darkness again." I remind her.

"I know." She replied and I kissed her softly. "I'm hungry." She replies after she breaks the kiss.

"Me too." I run my fingers down her center just so she would know what I'm hungry for.

"Not what I meant." She slapped my hand away and tried to get off me but I held her down.

"Weren't you the one who wanted to take advantage of me just a minute ago?"

"Yeah, but that was a whole sixty seconds ago. I lost interest."

"Are you serious?"

"Uh-huh." She gave me a quick kiss before standing up."Get dressed. You're taking me out to dinner." Amina tells me before she turns around and heads back inside the house.

"Damn tease!" I yell after her and I hear her laughter behind me.

***

"You clean up nicely Mr. Neverson." Amina tells me after I finished buttoning my shirt.

"So do you, Mrs. Neverson."  I reply before looking up from my shirt to look at her. My wife was effortlessly beautiful with her curly hair and the red dress she wore brought out all her curves.

"What?" She looked away from my stare, nervously.

"You're stunning."

I can see her cheeks heat up. "Stop."

"I'm serious.  You take my breath away Amina."

"You're making me blush." She glares at me. She could never take a compliment. I erase the distance between us and kiss her cheeks. "Don't look away when I give you a compliment. " I order her.

"Okay." She replies breathlessly.

I press a kiss to her forehead. "Come on, let's go eat."

***

Almost two hours later, Amina and I finished our meals and were just sitting in the restaurant sipping our drinks and talking.

"I'm happy." She confesses.

"Then that means I'm doing my job."

"Are you happy?" Amina asks almost worriedly. How could she seriously think that I was otherwise? I just pledged to spend the rest of my life with her only 24 hours ago. And I'd do it again.

"No one should be as happy as I am baby." I reply and she smiles at my answer.

"We've only been dating a year and married for a day, but I love you more than I've loved anyone before." She tells me.

"Sometimes it's hard to believe that we've only known each other for a year. I think about all the time I've wasted with the wrong people when I could've spent it with you. If I could, I would go back in time, find you sooner so I can love you longer."

"You're perfect Mr. Neverson."

"Just trying to be worthy of you." I reply.

"It all started with you visiting." She smiles nervously, probably remembering the day she opened the door to my brother's house. "If I didn't choose to sleep over at Alex's house that day, do you think we would be together?"

"I don't know. But I'm glad you did."

"Me too." The both of lean over the table and kiss.

"I'll be back." She excused herself from the table.

***
I had less than one minute before I was going puke my dinner on the restaurants floor. Luckily I made it to the nearest stall just in time for me to bend over throw up. The smell of salmon Trey ordered has been getting to me but I managed to push down my nausea while taking small sips of my water. I finally couldn't take it anymore after I leaned over to kiss Trey and the smell of the remaining bits of his salmon hit me and I knew I had to hurry up and leave the table.

I sat up straight and wiped my mouth with the back of my hands. I wish I could say that it was the salmon that caused me to throw up but truth was, I've been feeling a little funny for about a week.  I knew what the possibility was but I was too scared to know for sure.

After flushing, I head over to the sink and rinse out my mouth before popping in a gum then I head back over to Trey.

"You okay?" He asks after I sit.

I will be once you get the damn plate out of my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine."
—————————————————
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Thanks for reading!
Please leave a comment below-- I wanna hear your thoughts!