Fourteen

Dedicated to @__leaah thank you for commenting/voting & showing love on every chapter since the beginning!!

(Author's Note: Would've posted sooner but I had to mend my broken heart after finding out that Trey has a girlfriend. lol. Just kidding! (No I'm not :P)

--------------------------------------

"Let's do something." Trey says suddenly after a few minutes of silence. The two of us were still seated on the couch in the living area of the hotel.

"Like what?"

"Let's go down to the pool. It's a hot day." Trey explains.

"Neither of us have swimsuits." I remind him.

"I'll take care of it." He pauses. "You wanna go swim?"

"Okay."

***

Like before, Trey ordered us both swimsuits and it was brought up to the hotel suite. I thanked him before excusing myself into the bathroom so I can change. I open the small bag and pull out the bathing suit. It's a black two piece bikini.

"You ready yet?" Trey calls out from the other side of the door.

"Yea- I'm coming!" I shout back before I turn the knob and let myself out. Trey is waiting for me by the door wearing nothing but a pair of dark grey swim trunks. The last time I saw him shirtless he was working out. It was only two days ago but the view somehow just got better... and I was about to see it glistening with water. Calm down Amina!

"Like the view?" Trey teases when he catches me staring.

"Psst. I've seen better." I wave dismissively.

"Sure you have." He scoffs, not believing me.

"Someone sounds cocky." I grin.

"It's called confidence." Trey says back.

"Whatever." I giggle.

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about going to the pool." Trey says, his eyes goes from my my head down to my toes then back up again.

"Why?" I ask as I bring my arms up to cover myself. The bruises were faint, but they were there. Maybe I shouldn't be showing off so much skin so soon.

"Nevermind." He shakes his head and when he meets my gaze I see his eyes turned a shade darker and there was a spark of something in his eyes. Want? Desire?

I shake my head softly, realizing how ridiculous I sounded. Trey wouldn't want me in that way... not when he had thousands of women who were more beautiful than me.

"Let's go." He says suddenly, snapping me out of my wayward thoughts before he walks over to the door. I follow behind him and we head towards the elevator. A few minutes later we arrive at the pool.

My eight year old self was screaming at me to go back the suite and as far away from the pool as possible; I haven't gone swimming since my almost drowning incident twelve years ago.

"Are you going to push me in the pool?" I asked, glancing around. The only people there was an elderly couple.

"Maybe," He set his phone down on the closest lounge chair.

I stared at him. "What?"

Trey laughed as he turned to me. "I'm kidding. Why you ask for? You can swim right?"

"Suuuure."

"Don't lie." He walked over to me.

"Okay, so maybe I can't swim." I confess. Trey stared at me wide-eyed.

"You serious?" I nodded my head, feeling more embarrassed by the second. "How old did you say you were?"

I sigh quietly. "20."

"So how the hell is it that you don't know how to swim?" He asks incredulously as we begin to make our way towards the five feet section of the pool.

"I never found it necessary," I admit, as I take my first step on the cool, wet grass.

Trey laughed and my defense mechanism kicked in. "Hey- it's not like there's this mandatory rule that says everyone needs to know how to swim before they're 20." I glower at him just as he steps inside the water.

"You don't need to get defensive on me sweetheart." Trey tells me.

"Well then don't make me feel bad about not being able to swim." I shot back.

"I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. I was just surprised." Trey says. "I'm going to teach you." He tells me just as he is waist deep into the pool.

"That won't be necessary. I've already gone twenty years without learning how to swim; I can go for another twenty." I told him. The thought of having Trey hands touching my body while I was practically naked was a terrifying and unnerving thought.

"No way. Before I go on tour you're going to learn how swim." He sounds determined.

"You sound so confident in your teaching skills," I reply.

"That's because I know I can make you a pro," Trey remarks.

"It could take a while."

"I'm not worried about that. I'm sure I'll enjoy every second of teaching you."

"Whatever you say... But just know you're not getting me any further than these steps today. in that pool tonight." I tell him seriously. Staring at the pool across from me, it looked really deep and intimidating.

"Doesn't matter. I'll get you wet eventually."

I turn to look at him and our eyes locked. His eyes were an astonishing chocolate brown.

"Why do I get the feeling we're not talking about swimming anymore."

"Because I'm not." Trey says matter of factly before he disappears underneath the water.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not posting sooner!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Thanks for reading :)