Lovers&Friends:Nineteen

{Reminder: The setting for this story is 2012 so there is a lot of ish in Trey's life that hasn't happened yet but will come up as the story progresses.}

------------------------------------------------

"I should probably start getting ready now." I say with reluctance as I sit on the couch in Trey's living room. It's been a month since my birthday and everything with Trey and me are good. I've moved on from the cheating incident and forgave him. I didn't forget but I forgave him and was trusting in him not to do it again.

It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm currently spending my thanksgiving break from school in LA; the turkey holiday was just around the corner and I already knew that Trey was flying out all his family to California to celebrate.

Trey removed his arm which laid on my lap while we watched TV together. Chris Brown had reached out to Trey early on in the day and invited us to have dinner with him and his girlfriend. Trey and I accepted the invitation and time had quickly flown by so it was now time for me to get ready.

"I should too." Trey agreed before he stood up from the couch and turned off the tv.

The both of us go into his bedroom and twenty minutes later Trey is done and ready, whereas I just finished picking out what I wanted to wear.

"You look nice babe." I comment as I take in the long dark-sleeve dress shirt he's wearing, black dress pants and matching dress shoes.

"Thank you." Trey smiles.

"I can throw something on. I don't want you to have to wait for me." I say.

"Nah, you're good; I have a few things I need to talk about with Kev about the UK tour." Trey tells me.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I wondered.

"Not long," was his answer. "Finish getting ready and take your time. I'll be back as soon as I can.

"Okay," Trey pecks my lips.

"Hurry up! I don't want to be late for dinner!" I tell him before he walks out the bedroom. Once I hear the front door shut I head into the bathroom and begin getting ready.

***

An hour later I managed to brush my teeth, shower, and flatten my hair. I get dressed in a black sequin top jumpsuit and beige heels. I just finished doing my make-up when I hear my phone buzz. I set my lipstick down and pick up my phone and read the text.

Trey 😍❤️❤️: Look under your pillow. I have a letter for you there.

I can feel my eyebrows pulling together in confusion; why does he have a letter for me and why can't he just give it to me in person? Nevertheless, I leave the bathroom and go over to my side of the bed where I usually lay and lift up the pillow. There's a small pink envelope underneath it so I place the pillow back down and read the letter.

"Amina baby, I perform in front of thousands of people but somehow you are the only one who makes me nervous to be in your presence. But I love it and I love you and hope that I still make you feel nervous. You're adorable and sexy-two words that shouldn't go together but somehow you manage to be both. You're also loyal, faithful, caring, genuine, funny, and perfect and my only wish is that I be worthy of you."

Please find our first meet in the dresser.

I smile widely at his words. Trey was such a huge romantic. I place the note back on the pillow before going over to the dresser where I found a small blue note similar to the pink one.

"Amina, do you remember how on the first time we met and you completely blew me off? Well I do and it was a breath of fresh air. I'm used to girls throwing themselves at me and when you didn't I knew I had to get to know you. Talking to you minutes turned into hours, hours into days and days tuned into weeks and I still don't know much about you but I'm looking forward to learning more each day you give me the honor of being with you."

Find our first date under the bathroom sink.

At this point I'm officially curious. I know Trey's been on his best behavior since we got back together but this was different. Nonetheless I head back into the bathroom and squat down so I could open the cabinets underneath the sink. Another pink letter poke out from the side and I slid it out and stood up and started reading it.

Remember when I shut down Disney World for our first date and you said to me that you would have preferred if we  did something as simple as went the movies and had dinner? Well I do and I knew in that moment that despite you not knowing who I was before and even after you learned that you really were being genuine and that you really liked me for me. Tremaine. Not Trey. I love that I can be myself around you. You keep me humble and grounded and I need you in my life to stay sane in this crazy world I decided to be apart in.

Please find our first kiss inside the obvious cereal box.

I make sure all three letters so far are tucked safely inside their envelope before I head downstairs. This was really sweet and interesting but couldn't Trey put me on this little scavenger hunt after we got back from our date from Chris and Kae? I didn't want to be rude and show up late. Nevertheless I head over to the kitchen and to the fridge where I see a little stepping stool placed in front of it. Trey laughed at me the day I told him he needed to buy me one because I was too short to reach the top of the fridge where the cereals were placed. Carefully since I was still in my heels, I step on the stool and automatically reach out for the box of Frosted Flakes since it was my favorite, hence it should also be the most obvious. I reached inside the box but had to take out the bag of cereal before I could get to the letter. It's small and green with the words first kiss written in Trey's hand writing. I place the cereal back inside the box then step down carefully before I opened the envelope and took out the letter.

Remember how smooth I was when it came to our first kiss? (Admit it, I was smooth). I was completely confident that you would kiss me back because I felt a connection that I knew you could feel to. Even though we both denied it for different reasons, the feelings were there since day one and have grown stronger with each passing day. Despite what I do for a living it's rare that I get nervous; Trey Songz is confident about what your answer will be when you figure out where this leading to but Tremaine on the other hand can't remember the last time he was so nervous.

Please go to the backyard.

I could feel my palms starting to get sweaty and my heart was officially beating un-normally fast. I walk, my heart pounding louder than my heels on the tile floor. It only takes me a few seconds before I reach the glass doors. I pull the drapes back and my breath catches in my throat when I see Trey kneeling on one knee. With shaky fingers I managed to pull the slide door open. Just before Trey written out in small candles are the words "MARRY ME". I look up from the candles and back at Trey who is now holding out a gorgeous ring to me.

"Amina Bryant... Will you marry me?"

------------------------------------------------

1. What do you think Amina's answer should be??

2. Do you think Trey's proposing too soon?

3. What do you think of Trey's proposal.

{Author's Note: Proposal credit goes to Dave from MomentsOfLove on YT; the first time I watched it I almost had real tears. Go watch the real thing if you have the chance! RelationshipGoals #ProposalGoals }