Thirty-Four

The flashes were blinding. Once Trey and I stepped out onto the carpet camera flashes immediately went off. People were yelling Trey's name and shouting at him what direction he should look in.

"You okay?" Trey whispers in my ears.

"I'm good." I whisper back before I turn my head to face the cameras again. Trey slips an arm around my waist and pulls me close and I smile. All the yelling and flashes were a little bit overwhelming but the reassuring rub Trey gave to my back was enough to calm me down.

We walked the carpet, turning our heads in whichever directions we heard Trey's name and continued to take pictures.

"You smell amazing." Trey kisses my neck and I giggle and even more flashes go off.

"Can you not do that?" I squirm against his side. Trey smirks before he kisses me on the lips. Once we leave the picture taking area of the red carpet, Kevin informs Trey that he was needed for an interview so we walked over where we met up with Rocsi Diaz, the beautiful host of 106&Park.

"We have the sexy and incredibly talented Trey Songz with me right now. You're looking amazing tonight- Can you tell us who you're wearing?"

"Thank you, thank you. You look incredible yourself and I'm actually wearing Armani tonight." Trey answered.

"I see you brought a date tonight..." Rocsi glances over at me.

"Yeah, I did." Trey turns to me and holds out a hand for me to take. I glance at Kevin to see if it's okay and he nudges me forward and I take Trey's hand and stand next to him. "This is my baby Amina." He introduces me.

"Your baby? So are you telling me that you're officially off the market? Is Trey Songz no longer single?" Rocsi asks eagerly.

"I'm gonna let my baby answer that for you." Trey says and Rocsi shoves the mic at me.

"Sorry ladies. He's taken." I announce and to prove my point, I boldly kiss Trey on the lips.

"My heart is breaking right now, oh my god." Rocsi says jokingly. "Well you have it here folks. Trey Songz is officially snatched up by this gorgeous woman right here.... Well I hope the two of you enjoy your night. I'm gonna let you go inside. Have a good time." Rocsi dismisses us and Trey and I walk back towards Kevin so that we all could go inside together.

This was it. We officially stepped out as a couple.

The award show was honestly a blur. The only thing I was interested in was Trey and his performance, which he killed. Faces and conversation I had with people at the after party all seemed like a distant memory. The only thing that mattered was the man that I love told me he loves me today and now we didn't have to hide it.

~~~

It was a little after midnight when we arrived back at the hotel.

"I'm glad we're finally back at the hotel." I say just as I hear the door shut behind us.

"Are you tired?" Trey ask just as I turned to face him. His eyes seductively roamed over my body from head to toe.

"No, not really." I answer quietly.

"I'm not gonna touch you babe. Relax." He says to me, I guess noticing how tense I suddenly became. "But I do want you out of that dress." Trey says while walking over to me. He pressed a kissed on my shoulder blade. "So many guys were looking at you tonight." He sounds angry. "I guess I have to get used to that." He spoke mostly to himself. "Dress. Off. Now." He orders and I shiver at his commanding tone before reaching to my side and pull the zipper down and let the dress fall to the ground to a pool around my feet.