Forty-Three

"Where you going?" Trey asks me, keeping a tight hold on my wrist.

It was two days later and we we're currently on the set for his new music video "Simply Amazing" which we just wrapped up. Trey wouldn't let me hear the song until the actual shooting but when I finally heard it I fell more in love with him and I didn't think that was possible. Every word Trey sang was everything a girl wanted to hear from the person that they're with and I just had to send a quick prayer to God, thanking him for sending Trey my way.

The grip on my hand tightened, not enough to hurt me but it did pull me out of my thoughts. I blink once and I'm staring into Trey's dark gaze.

"I'm gonna go get us some lunch." I tell him. We've been shooting since early morning and the food on set wasn't so great.

"But you don't even know the streets of L.A yet." Trey reminds me.

"What better way to learn than to get lost in them?" I reply back jokingly...Trey didn't find it too funny though. "I'm just kidding!" I laugh. "I have a GPS babe on my phone and if anything I'll call you." I reassure him.

"Are you sure you don't want to just wait for me? We can go together." He suggest.

I shake my head. "I'm a big girl Trey. I can go out on my own."

"Trey." A familiar male voice calls out and the both of us turn are heads to see the directer motioning for Trey to come over to him.

"See, you need to stay anyways," I say. "Go. I'll be fine." I urge him. He looks reluctant to let me go which makes me laugh. I shake my head at him before I peck his lips. "Give me 30 minutes?"

"You have twenty. There's a Taco bell around the corner."

I laugh but say okay, taking what I can get. I peck Trey's lips one more time before I finally turn around and head for the Audi. Once I'm strapped inside I back away from the beach house the video was shot at then drive off.

I relax against my seat and reach over for the radio. Diamonds by Rihanna is playing so I turn up the volume a little and start to sing. My singing is interrupted when someone is honking behind me. I glance in my rear view mirror to see another black car, a Honda civic, driving way too close behind me. I'm doing the correct speed limit but there's plenty of space for the car to go ahead of me if he needed to. I motion for the car to cut me but instead it just stays behind me, speeding up. Frowning, I press my feet on the gas slightly myself to avoid getting hit.

The car honks its horn again and this time I ignore it. I can't figure out why that car seems so familiar. The windows are tinted so I can't make-out the face of the driver. My phone begins to ring and I glance down to see who's calling but before I can see the name on the screen I'm suddenly jolted upward in my seat because of a loud bump. It's the driver of the black car and he's on my tail. Suddenly I'm no longer in control of the wheel anymore. The other driver is. He drives into me, causing me to swerve off the road then everything goes black.

.

.

.

My eyes slowly flutter open and all I see is white. Somewhere near my head is a constant beeping sound. I follow it, craning my head slowly to locate the sound. It's coming from a heart monitor. The lines indicating my heartbeat moves up and down in a steady rhythm and I turn my head back around, concentrating on the beeping was making the dull ache in my head more painful, causing a groan to slip out my mouth.

"Baby?" A deep voice says, breaking through the silence. I blink rapidly and the figure appears hovered over me. It's a guy. He has smooth brown skin, beautiful brown eyes, and a pair of sexy dark eyebrows. He's attractive but not familiar.

"Wh-where am I?" I wonder, my voice coming out barely higher than a whisper.

"You're at the hospital baby." He tells me, his voice is laced with concern and his eyebrows are knotted together as he smooths my hair away from my face. I try to move my head away from his hand; I don't know this guy and he was being way too touchy for my taste.

The knot in his forehead deepened when he caught on that I didn't want him touching me.

"Wh-Why am I here?" I question. Nothing was making sense. I tried to rack my brain for a reason as to why I was in the hospital but couldn't come up with one.

"You had an accident." The guy tells me. What? He wasn't making any sense. "I'm gonna go get a doctor." He adds before he walks out the room. Seconds later the door opens up and a pretty, middle age woman with dark red hair and light blue eyes enter the room.

"Glad to see you're awake Amina." She says with a soft smile on her face. Her name-tag says that she's Dr. Montgomery. "How are you feeling?" She asks the same time she flashes a light in my eyes. "Your pupils are dilated so that's good." I hear her say.

"Why am I here?" I ask again.

"You were in a car accident sweetie." Dr. Montgomery informs me. "Luckily you're boyfriend here was able to get to the scene on time and call us."

Boyfriend? I stare at the guy who stood with his arms crossed against his chest, worry shining bright in those dark eyes of his.

"That's not my boyfriend." I shake my head, really wishing I didn't because all of a sudden my head began to pound.

Dr. Montgomery shoots a worried look over the guy who's claiming to be my boyfriend then looks back at me. "I'm gonna ask you a few questions Amina and I want you to answer them okay?"

"Okay."

"What's your name?" She starts with.

"Amina Nicole Bryant." I answer automatically.

"When's your birthday?"

"September 16."

"What state do you think you're in right now?" Dr. Montgomery presses.

"Virginia." I answer. I didn't see the point of that question. I think I'd remember if I left the state.

"What's your boyfriend's name?"

"Dimitri Lopez."

"Fuck." The guy besides her curses. I didn't understand why he was mad. I didn't understand anything and I was starting freak out.

"I want you to calm down Amina. Everything's going to be alright." Dr. Montgomery said, placing a calming hand on my arm once she saw the heart monitor was beeping like crazy.

"Alex." I say though gritted teeth, hoping that if I spoke softly the pounding in my head would stop.

"What?" The guy said.

"Alex," I repeat. "H-He's my best-friend. I want Alex...I need him." I say before I black out again.

-------------------------------------------------------

End of book 1.

{Thank you so much to everyone who commented and voted for this long! I've had fun writing this first book and looking forward to writing the next chapter of Trey and Amina's lives :)}

10+ Comments if you guys want book 2!