Lovers & Friends | Thirty

7 months later.

There was something incredible sexy about a father and his daughter. From the moment I came downstairs and saw Trey with Avery all I could do was stare. The picture of him holding her close to his chest while she was cradled in his arms was truly beautiful. I almost didn't want to interrupt them, but Trey must have sense my presence because he looks up and smiles at me, revealing those dimples that I love so much.

"Hey beautiful." Trey greets me as I walk over to him. He looks up and I press a quick kiss to his lips before I kiss Avery's forehead. Her big brown eyes followed me even as I went to the fridge to get a drink.

"Good morning." I smile at my daughter as I pull out the carton of orange juice.

"What do you have planned for the day?" Trey asks as he begins to burp Avery. He was shirtless so it takes me a minute to answer; Trey and I learned the hard way that Avery enjoyed spitting up her food when she had enough.

"I'm going over to Alex's house to hang out." I take a sip of my drink and try not to be obvious as I wait for Trey's reaction to me hanging out with his brother.

It's been over a year since I told Trey about me trying to sleep with his brother. Trey was furious when he found and I was scared he was going to leave me and the baby but I gave him space and we talked and he eventually understood that I was in a dark and emotional place so he forgave me. Alex was his brother so he couldn't shut him out completely and I was glad we were all able to go back to our normal lives after it all.  My husband and daughter came first now. I wasn't gonna late anyone ruin that.

That includes Alex.

"Wearing that?" Trey frowned disapprovingly at the clothes I was wearing, which was a fairly simple; a plain light faded denim sleeveless romper that stopped mid-thighs with black sandals. I didn't even have any jewelry on and my hair was curly.

"What's wrong with it?" I wondered. This was me dressing down and comfortably.

"Nothing.... But don't you have anything longer?" Trey wondered, making me laugh.

"Trey, relax. Alex is my best friend; nothing is gonna happen." I reassured him before I looked at the time on my cellphone. "I gotta go," I round the counter and stood before the two of them. "Bye princess." I say to her before I lean down and kissed her forehead. "I love you." I add.

"I love you too." Trey responded.

"I was actually talking to your daughter, but I love you too." I joke before I kissed Trey, a little bit longer than the first time."Call me for anything. I'll be back later, bye." I told him before I left.

It was another fifteen minutes before I arrived at Alex's door.

"Hey baby girl." Alex greets me with a big smile on his face once he opens the door.

"Hey!" I smile just as widely when he brings me into a hug. For a minute we stayed in each other's arms before pulling apart and him bringing me into the living room and sat on the couch.

"So how's my new mommy?" Alex asks, draping an arm over my shoulder.

"Tired. Avery's sleeping pattern is definitely better but I swear she wakes up every hour on the hour for a bottle." I complain.

"Doesn't Tremaine help you with the nightly feedings?"

"He does, but most of the time he pretends he sleeping." I shake my head.

"I would do that too." Alex admits.

"This is why I don't like you." I say jokingly.

"So what do you want to do?" Alex asks. We barely spent time together since I told Trey and with Avery in the picture it just seemed like there was no time.

"Stay in," I answer. "I'm too tired to go out."

"Alright. We'll watch a movie." Alex agrees. "What do you want to watch?"

"Umm... Bad boys."

"Aight."

"I'll get the snacks." I offered.

          Somehow I woke up in Alex's bed in his bedroom with Alex leaning over me. What the hell happened?

"What are you doing?" I ask, completely confused as to how I ended up here. The last thing I remember was watching Bad Boys and watching the scene where the captain was yelling at will and martin to go along with pretending to be each other then blank.

"Nothing." He cleared his throat and moved away.

"What happened?"

"You fell asleep during the movie."

"I did?" Alex nods his head. "I'm so sorry Alex! I'm such bad company."

"It's okay. You're tired." Alex replies, making me feel even more worse because of how understanding he was being.

"What time is it?" I wonder. Alex looks down at his watch before looking at me.

"Fifteen after two." He answers.

"I should probably go..." I remove the sheets off of me and start to scoot off the bed.

"Already? You just got here." Alex complained.

"Seems like it right?"

"I miss you baby girl." Alex confessed.

"I miss you too." I admitted. "Things are never gonna be the same between us now that I have Trey and Avery.  But you gotta know that you are always gonna be important to me." I reassured him.

"I know, I just wish we could hang out like we use to." Alex  said.

"I do too." I told him. Alex sighed and I stood up. "I have to go, but I'll see you soon, okay?" I said to him.

"Okay." Alex replied. I smiled at him before I gave him a hug then left.

***
Trey was watching TV in the living room while Avery sat and played in her playin when I walked back into my house. I walked up behind Trey and covered his eyes.

"Guess who?" I ask, disguising my voice.

"Nicki Minaj?" He guesses and I smack the back of his head playfully. Trey laughs before taking my hand and guiding me around the couch and pulling me onto his lap. "Did you have a good time at Alex?" Trey wondered.

"I actually fell asleep on him." I confessed.

"That's good for him." Trey replied.

"Trey." I got up from his lap.

"I'm just saying."

"I thought you were over what happened. I want things to go back the way they used to be."

"I can't treat him the same, not when I know he has feelings for you." Trey tells me.

"Alex does not have feelings for me. He's my best-friend." I explain.

"You're blind if you don't think he still has feelings for you." Trey said.

"Even if he did still have feelings for me, i don't feel the same way and he knows that. He respects our friendship and our marriage. So you don't have anything to worry about."

At least I don't think he does...
———————————————————-

Thank you reading & I hope you enjoyed it :)