Lovers & Friends: Twelve

The flight and the cab ride back home seemed to have all blurred quickly. I didn't even realize I made it back to Alex's place until the door was swinging open and Camilla was crushing me in a hug. She immediately pulled away though when she realized I wasn't hugging back and gave off the vibe that I didn't want to be held.

"What's wrong with you?" She demands once she pulls away.

"You were right." Is all I say before I push past her inside the house.

"I was right? Oh shit." Camilla cursed when she realized what I was talking about. "What happened?"

"I walked into his hotel room right before he was about to..." I couldn't finish. It hurt to picture the Latina woman down on her knees.

"Are you serious?" Camilla came closer to me.

"I wish I wasn't."

"Damn girl. What did you do?"

"I just slapped him and walked away." I say.

"That's it? Oh hell no girl- you are too nice! Let that have been me and I would've burn that hotel down!" Camilla exclaimed.

"I guess I was too stunned." I confessed.

"What did Trey do?"

"What do you think? He tried to explain."

"What the fuck is there to explain?" Camilla shouted.

"Exactly." I agreed.

"So what, you guys over?" She asked curiously.

"Duh."

"Let's not be dramatic," Camila says to me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean sure he almost cheated but it's Trey... were you really surprised?"

"Yes! He's my boyfriend. He promised he'd be faithful to me while on the road."

"But he's Trey Songz," Camila continued.

"I don't give a fuck Camilla! We made promises to each other and he broke it. I don't care who he is, how much he makes- he's not gonna cheat on me and think it's okay. We're done." I tell her firmly.

"But I'm just saying-" She started to say but I cut her off.

"I'm done with this conversation. I just want to go in my room." I say to her before I start heading for my room.

***

{Trey's POV}

"... When I know I should be smiling, seems like the time that I frown the most. And there ain't no way in hell that I could be just friends with you." I sang into the microphone.

"STOP! STOP!" Kev came over to me yelling. "What the hell was that?" He demands.

"What?" I stare at him confused.

"You just went from heart attack to Can't be Friends." He frowned at me.

"I did?"

"Yeah, you did. Where the hell is your head at? And Where's Amina? I figured she'd at least stay for rehearsals."

"I messed up man." I sighed and hung my head back.

"What did you do?" Kev demanded.

"She caught me man." Was all I said and Kev already knew what I was talking about.

"Shit Trey. How could you be so stupid?" He yelled at me.

"How the fuck was I supposed to know she was gonna come up here to surprise me?"

"I thought you love Amina. What happened?"

"I do love her man, I just- I just got weak." I explained.

"You need to fix this man. I can't have you off your A game right now. This tour is too important." He tells me.

"I know, I know." I sighed.

"Fix it." Kev tells me more sternly this time before he walks away.

"That's it for rehearsals." I shouted at everyone before I walked over to my bag and picked up my phone before I started to head out. Once I was out in the parking lot I speed dialed Amina's number and it went straight to voicemail like it did the other fifty times I tried calling her after she got on that elevator this morning. "Come on baby, pick up." I say to myself as I dial her number again. It just going to voicemail.

I tried again anyways.

It rang, rang, and rang until she picked up.

"Baby?" I tried not to sound so surprise that she answered the phone.

"No." A male voice said angrily.

"Alex." I stated. I recoginized my brother's voice. "Aye, what are you doing answering Amina's phone?" I demand.

"You messed up bro." He replied.

"This has nothing to do with you Alex. Put Amina on the phone, where is she?" I demand.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. And you're wrong, it has everything to do with me. I told you from the beginning that Amina wasn't your type and that you'd just hurt her." Alex said to me.

"Look bro, let me just talk to her. Explain." I pleaded.

"No. You messed up bro. I told you not to hurt her." He reminded me. "Y'all done." Then he hung up.

"Fuck!" I slammed my hand on the steering wheel.