Thirty-Three

It's been two weeks since I told Trey everything and I have never felt more free. Trey kept his word and didn't look at me differently but his actions were a lot more gentle than before as if he was tip-toeing around me. I appreciated the first week but now I just missed my flirty overly sexual boyfriend.

I was currently sitting on the ground with my legs tucked underneath me while I snacked on the Doritos I brought with me while I watched Trey rehearse for his performance at the BET awards tonight.

I learned very quickly that Trey stayed out of the limelight when it came to the media. The only time he was in the news was when it concerned his music. So we've been able to keep our relationship a secret. It wasn't like we were hiding it, but we weren't denying or confirming anything either to any of the paparazzi that caught us together. The only people who know we're a couple is Trey's team.

Trey kept to his promise and toned down the sexual acts on stage. He was only allowed to hold them by their waist and kiss their cheek. Only once a fan got carried away when she grabbed his ass but I couldn't blame him for that. Let's face it... he has a pretty nice ass.

As for our relationship... I've never been more happy. Trey and I have a great communication and a stronger connection than before. It was liberating to know that I could be myself around him and he wouldn't past judgment. Trey was my best friend... And I love him. I knew it the night that I told him everything and I knew it now as he finished the song he would be performing and looked over at me and smile. I love that man. The only question was did he feel the same way?

~~~

The hours seemed to have to have slipped away quickly because before I knew it, it was five in the afternoon and time for both Trey and I to get ready for the awards. Since I've obviously never been to an awards show before I had not the slightest idea what I should wear. But like always, Trey took care of it for me. Sending in a team of people to pick out the right dress for me. He offered to leave me alone to decide but I told him to stay; this was the first time I stepped out to the couple as his girlfriend. I wanted to worthy of standing by his side.

"What do you think?" I ask as I stand nervously before him. I had gotten my make-up and hair done and was now revealing the final product. The dress we both decided I would wear was black, floor length and had a sheer bodice.

My make-up was slightly darker than usual and my lips were a bright fire red and my hair was pinned to one side and fell down my left shoulders in soft waves

Trey stared at me, biting his lips in contemplation. "You look breath-taking." He finally tells me and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Thank you." I smile brightly. "You look very handsome babe." I returned the compliment because he did look incredible in his simple black suit.

"Thank you," Trey crossed the room so that he was standing directly in front of me. "Seriously, you look gorgeous babe." He brings a hand to my face and caresses my cheek.

I smile softly in response before I bring my lips to his. There's knock on the door before either of us can say anything. Trey sighs annoyed before he walks over to answer the door.

"What's the hold up Trey? We gotta go." It's Kevin.

"We're ready." Trey replies before he opens the door wider. Kevin stares at me.

"Wow Amina, you look beautiful."

"Thank you so much Kevin. You clean up nicely if I do say so myself." I giggled.

Kevin chuckles softly in response before he turns his attention back to Trey. "Let's get moving." Trey holds out a hand for me and I walk over and entwine our fingers together.

~~~

"You ready?" Trey asks me once we pull up the building where the BET Awards were being held. Was I ready? Was I ready for the hate that was sure to come with being the one that took the infamous ladies man off the market? Was I ready for strangers to start digging into my past? Was I ready to say good-bye to my privacy?

I stared at the man sitting next to me and I didn't need another second to know if I was ready or not. Because I was. I didn't know what this step was going to do to my life, but I was okay as long I had Trey with me every step of the way.

"I am." I finally answer before I take his hand in mine. "Before we go out there though I need to tell you something." I confess and my heart starts to pound in my chest as I thought about what I was about to say.

"What is it?" I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. Suddenly there's a finger lifting my chin until I was staring into Trey's dark eyes. "You can tell me anything." He reassures me.

I exhaled softly. "I love you." I confess. "And you don't have to say it back. I just thought you should know how I-" Is all I get to say before I'm cut off by a kiss. "Feel." I finish when Trey finally pulls away.

"I love you too."

"Really?" I hear myself asking before I could stop myself.

Trey chuckles but cups my face with both his hands. "Yes really." He caresses my cheek. "I was going to tell you tonight but it looks like you beat me to it."

"Oops." I giggles.

"I love you." Trey tells me again, smiling at me as if I was the most precious thing in the world.

"I love you." I echo and wordlessly the both of us lean in and kiss.
————————————

Think it was too soon for the I love yous?

Comment. Vote. Thanks for reading :)