Seventeen

Dmitri and I were barely a streetlight away before my phone began ringing. I didn't need to look down at my phone to know who was calling. I cast a look towards Dmitri before answering.

"Did you get lost on your way to the suite?" Trey jokes once I pick up.

"No..."

"Where are you? You okay? What's taking you so long?" He questions with worry seeping into his voice.

"I'm fine Trey, I'm... on my way home." I sigh quietly.

"Why you going back to Alex's house?" Trey questions. He didn't understand.

"No Trey. I'm going home... with Dmitri. He already came to pick me up."

It's silent on the other line for a while. So long, that I had to check to make sure Trey didn't hang up on me.

"I-I don't understand." He finally says.

"Dmitri said some things that got me thinking," I start. "There's no privacy in your world and some of us- we'd like to keep our skeletons in our closet... I'm sorry Trey." I hang up.

"You did the right thing." Dmitri's voice intrudes my thoughts.

"I'm only coming back because you know about my past... But I don't love you anymore D." I tell him.

"You will again baby. You will."

The rest of the drive is silent up until the rain starts and the only sound that can be heard is the rain splattering against the windows. The entire time the voice in my head is telling me that I made the wrong choice and that I should go back to Trey. And maybe I should, but right now I just needed some familiarity and Dmitri gave me that.

***
Four days passed without Dmitri hitting me or us getting into a fight. When we got home that night he ordered us food and apologized for what he did. He was apologizing a lot and being more sweet like the first time we started dating. I wasn't a fool though; i knew this charade would end soon and when it did I knew I wouldn't have anyone come to my rescue.

It's also been four days without a single call or text from Trey. A part of me was a little surprised. I had hoped we would still be able to be friends despite everything but the other part of me knew how naive I sounded. I may have lost Trey as a friend but I knew I would always have Alex. He called and check up on me even though he didn't agree with my decision and needless to say him and Dmitri weren't friends anymore and I felt completely guilty about breaking that friendship up. My life was a lot less complicated before I opened the door a week ago and found Trey standing in the doorway.

***

Today was my day with Aiden. Alex had a date and needed someone to babysit and I was always more than happy to spend time the cutest baby in the world. It just hit 9 o'clock when Aiden fell asleep and I carefully laid him down in his crib then turned the baby monitor on. I needed to make up a fresh bottle of milk just in case he decided to wake up in the middle of the night crying for food. I quietly let myself out of the room. I'm barely a step away when I hear moaning coming from one of the other bedrooms. I think maybe Alex decided to bring his date home and just skipped dinner and went straight for the desert. It wouldn't have been the first time he's done that.

I do my best to try to block out the sounds and keep walking towards the kitchen when I realize the sound is coming from Tremaine's room. I made sure to ask Alex if Tremaine would be there and Alex told me Trey has been staying in a hotel all this time. What was he doing here and why on all of the days it had to be the same time I was here?

"Yes Trey... Harder please!" The woman moans loudly and my stomach drops. Trey was here and he was having sex. I had to remind myself that Trey was never mine to begin with so I shouldn't care about his sex life. Closing my eyes and exhaling softly to calm my nerves and stop the stupid tears that I didn't give permission to fall, I keep repeating to myself that I need to get Aiden milk and walk into the kitchen. I prepare the bottle, making sure to think about anything and everything but the grunting and moaning going on just a few feet away from me.

Just as I twist the nipple of the bottle back on the bottle I hear a door open and I pray to God that it's the girl Trey was just fucking. I'd rather see her than him right now... but since life hated me at the moment, I got the exact opposite of what I wanted.

There Trey stood wearing nothing but a pair of boxers that hung dangerously low on his narrow hips. Surprise flashes in his eyes for half a second before he smirks at me.

"Did you enjoy that?" He chuckles as he crosses the floor and brushes past me into the kitchen. "I hope you have headphones because it's going to be a long night." Trey warns me before he opens the fridge and pull out the whip cream.

"Daddy?" The girl shouts from inside the room.

"Coming baby!" Trey shouts before he tilts his head back and squirts some whip cream into his mouth and swallow. I stare at him silently. My throat begins to burn and I can feel the tears that want to fall. I want to run but I know how pathetic I'd look if I did. So instead I drop my gaze to the ground and walk past him back into Aiden's room. As soon the door shut behind me, tears began to fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy 4th of July everyone!! What's everyone doing today??

It's raining hella hard with lightning and thunder where I live right now -__-

Anyways, what did you guys think of this chapter? Leave a comment so I can hear your thoughts!

Hope you liked it :P

&

Thanks for reading! :)