Eleven

We arrived shortly at Alex's house and Trey let the both of us in. Alex was walking out the kitchen with a bottle and Aiden in his hands when we walked in.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" He asks the second he sees us.

"Turns out you don't know your homeboy like you thought you did." Trey says as he walks past his brother and nephew and into the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Alex was in front of me when I blinked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I will be fine." I reassure him. "Your brother saved me." I smile when I see Trey coming towards us with an ice pack in his hands. He started to hand it over to me but I shake my head. "You need it more than I do right now." I took the ice pack and gently applied it to his bruised knuckles.

"One of y'all want to tell me what happened?" Alex asks.

"Dmitri abuses me-"

"What?" There's thunder in Alex's voice that I wasn't expecting and it made me jump.

"Last night when he saw me with Trey... things got out of hand." I lifted my shirt so he could see the bruise I had on my rib.

"What the f-" He started to shout.

"Language." I warn, eyeing Aiden in his arms. There's a cellphone heard ringing and Alex and I look at Trey. He takes his phone out his pocket and sighs when he sees who's calling.

"That's Kev. I'll be back." He tells me before he walks off and disappears down the hall.

"Come on, you need a change of clothes." Alex says to me before he turns around. I silently follow him into Aiden's room and watch as he put his son down in his crib. Looking down at Aiden I could tell he was on the verge of falling asleep as he mindlessly sucked on his pacifier. Alex and I quietly backed out of the room and I followed him into his bedroom. "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" Alex demands to know the second he shuts the door behind us.

"I didn't want anyone to know."

"I thought we were friends." Alex argues.

"We are friends Alex. You're my best-friend." I tell him.

"Yet somehow you let my brother who you've known for three days find out before me?" He raised a dark brow challengingly at me.

I pressed my lips together, not knowing what to say.  Alex shook his head before he walked over to his drawer and pulled out one of his T-shirts and handed it to me.

"I can't believe you wouldn't tell me this nigga was putting his hands on you." Alex continued.

"He's one of your best-friends Alex... I didn't want to ruin that." I confess.

"Fuck that nigga. You're more important to me."

I smile. "I should've told you. I'm sorry."

"Don' be keeping secrets anymore." Alex warns me before he brings me into his arm for a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and relax into his arms.

"I won't." I promise. Alex's arm squeezes me tightly and I let him, staying there a second longer before I start to pull away, only Alex's grip didn't loosen. He pulls away just enough that we weren't pressed against each other anymore but his hands were still on my waist. There's no time to react before his lips are on mine. On instinct I kiss back but it's only for a few seconds until I realize what's happening.

"Alex." I stare at him stunned. "W-What?"

"I let you stay in my crib, I buy your favorite drinks, I let you watch my son," Alex began. "I don't do that for any other female. But you. You're different Amina. Don't tell me you don't feel anything for a nigga." Alex says to me.

"W-Where is all this coming from?" I ask, still trying to wrap my head around the kiss and now all this.

"It's always been there Amina. I've always had feelings for you but I ain't say nothin' because I Dmitri was my homeboy." Alex confesses.

"And you think now is the best time to tell me how you feel?" I ask incredulously.

"No." He admits. "But with Trey in the picture now I knew I had to make my move before it was too late."

This was all too much too soon. I needed to get away, to think. "I-I gotta go." I say before I quickly let myself out of his bedroom.

"Amina?" I hear Trey's voice but I don't stop running to look at him. "Amina where-" I can't hear Trey anymore as I run out the house and down the street with no destination in mind.

I just needed to get away.