Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Six

***Amina's POV***

Kai and I had a shopping spree planned for the morning the next day. We'd spend a few hours together while I helped her prepare for her one on one time with Trey for the rest of the day. For our trip to the mall, I decided to wear a burgundy beanie since it was too early to do anything special with my hair, a matching color tank top, a soft pink bomber jacket, gray skinny jeans, and faded pink Nikes.

"Are you ready?"

I turn my head from the full-length mirror I was checking myself out in to see Kai standing in the doorway of my bedroom, watching me.

"Hey," I gave her a small smile. "And yeah, I'm ready."

"Your room is beautiful," Kai comments as she looks around in amazement at the bedroom.

"Thank you." I smile. During the tour, Trey and I didn't show Kai our bedroom. We thought that was one thing we should keep private since everything else about our life kinda wasn't.

"I love your outfit." She compliments me and I smile softly.

"Thanks. I like yours too." Kai was wearing a pair of painted on jeans and a black crop top with boots. With the jeans hugging long legs and the crop top showing off her toned tummy and pierced belly I was starting to think I made the wrong choice in choosing her as the contest winner. She didn't look anything like that in the picture she submitted in the contest.

"Where's Trey?" She asked eagerly.

"Out," I answer. "But don't worry, he'll be here to spend time with you this afternoon."

"Good." She smiled widely.

"Hey, I'm not feeling these shoes anymore. Can you go in my closet and pick out something that you think would look cute with what I'm wearing please?" I ask nicely.

"Sure!" Kai agreed almost too excitedly before she disappeared inside my walk-in closet.

***Kai's POV***

Her closet was bigger than my bedroom and my mom's bedroom back home combined. On the right side of the closet were rows of dress one after another, color coordinated. Everything from light pink, dark pink, to red. Grey to Black.

Soft colors to dark colors.

She had a ton of clothes! But I'd give it to her, though, most of her stuff looked off the rack aside from a few designer labels I saw hanging on the tags on most of them. At least I knew for sure now that she wasn't using Trey for his money.

The more I scanned her closet the more pieces of clothes I recognized. Like the colorful dress, she wore when Trey brought her on stage for the first time. I took it off the rack and placed it front of me, imagining me wearing it.

"What are you doing?" Amina startles me into dropping the dress on the floor.

"Uh-um..." I stuttered. Amina walked further into the closet and picked up her dress from the floor.

"Sorry, I just saw all of these clothes and I couldn't help myself," I explained.

"I understand but I'm gonna have to ask you to not touch my stuff again," Amina warned me before she placed the dress back where it was.

"Sorry,"

"It's okay," Amina said simply before she looked down at her shoes that were underneath the section of pink clothing and picked out a pair of light pink Timberland boots that after she slipped them on, looked really cute with what she was wearing. "So I'm ready. Let's go." Amina said to me.