Lovers & Friends: Seven

The car started moving and I still hadn't figure out how to Tell Trey why I wasn't going on tour with him.

"Amina?" He stared at me expectantly.

I press my lips together before repeating, "I'm not going on tour with you."

"What are you talking about? Why not?" Trey demands.

"We're almost in the last week of August, class starts soon." I told him.

"Class?" His thick brows furrow together in confusion.

"As in college classes... babe, you do remember i'm in college right?" The only reason I was able to tour with Trey was because I decided to take classes only the first half of summer and now summer was going to be over soon. I didn't even want to think about all the BS i'd had to go through to renew my financial aid and hassle of picking out classes.

"I remember I just... thought you'd put it on hold for me." Trey confesses.

"If getting my AA wasn't so important to me then I would definitely do it. But I'm this close to completing all my credits." I explained.

"So you saying I'm not important?" Trey questioned, his voice slightly on edge.

I reached out and grabbed his hand before entwining our fingers together. "Of course you're important. Trey, I love you. But come on, how beneficial am I to this tour? All I do is follow you around all day... and as much fun as that is, I need something to do," I pause before adding, "This is your career... I'm just trying to achieve mine. You understand that right?"

Trey stared at me for a moment not saying anything before I felt him squeeze my fingers. "Yeah, I understand."

I smile. "Thank you." I kiss his lips.

"You're welcome baby." Trey pecked my lips. "You know I gotta hit it before I leave right?" Trey says to me and I almost burst out laughing. I look up at the driver's seat to see if George heard that but his attention is focused on the road and his face doesn't give anything away.

"Oh Tremaine, you say the most romantic things." I joke. Trey chuckles before he kisses my forehead.

***

Trey kept to his words so my clothes were off the second we step through the door. We didn't even make it upstairs. I was still bruised up from the accident but they was bareable... almost pleasurable. So I didn't complain. When we finally did manage to get off each other I made flight plans to fly out to Virginia tonight where I would be staying with Alex before I helped Trey pack.

"You sure you are okay with me staying with your brother?" I know Trey still had his doubts that his brother still had feelings for me.

"I trust you and Alex." Trey answered.

"Good. You have absolutely nothing to worry about."

"I know."

"And do I have anything to worry about?" I look pointedly at Trey. I've heard what these entertainers did on the road away from their girlfriends and wives and I was hoping like hell Trey wasn't going to be like them.

"You ain't got nothing to worry about babe."

"That's what they all say."

"I'm not gonna lie, I've stepped out a couple times during my relationship," Trey admits and my heart clenches. "But I'm not willing to lose you. So we're gonna do whatever it takes to keep this relationship together."

"Like skype sex?" I laugh.

"Yeah, tons of that." Trey agreed and I shake my head, not entirely sure if was going to be up for something like that. "And I will fly you out when you miss me and fly you out whenever I miss you." Trey adds.

"Okay." I pause. "When is George supposed to pick us up?"

"Now." He says the same time the doorbell ring. I sigh disappointedly. "Come on, I'll take our bags downstairs." Trey says and I follow him downstairs. George helps Trey get our bags into the trunk before we settle in the backseat. It's another twenty minutes before we reach the airport. I clutch onto Trey's arm when the car comes to a stop, not wanting him to leave.

"We're here." George announces and I just clutch onto Trey's arm even tighter.

"Give us a minute." Trey instructs before he turns to me. "You have everything you need right? Your ticket?" I nod my head. Trey studies me before he pulls me close. "We're gonna be okay. I promise."

"I know we will be... I'm just gonna miss you." I confess.

"I'm gonna miss you too." He pulls me even closer.

"You promise to call me everyday? I don't care if it's two minutes before you go on stage? I just want to hear your voice."

"I promise."

"Sorry if I sound needy, I've never been in a long distance relationship before." I explain.

"It's okay. I'm going to want to hear your voice too. Even if it is for a few minutes."

"Trey you don't want to miss your flight." George interrupts.

"We're coming." Trey sighed loudly before he grabbed my hand and we got out the car and got our bags.

"Call me the second your flight lands so I know you made it down safe." I tell Trey.

"You do the same."

I looked around the the airport that was packed with people, most of them slowly making their way over to Trey as if they weren't sure if it was him but still wanted to be close just in case it was. I focused back on Trey who held a hand up to my cheek then another until he was cupping my face in his hands before he leaned down and captured my lips with his. The kiss started off slow and sweet but then turned hungry. The both of us didn't bother coming for air until it was absolutely necessary.

"I love you." Trey tells me when we pull away.

"I love you too." We kept the kiss short then I wrapped my arms around Trey, holding him, remembering this moment, the warmth of body, the scent of his cologne and the way his arms felt wrapped around my waist. These were things that would get me through the night for the long months ahead.

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like the chapter :)

Thanks for reading! <3