Lovers & Friends: Nine

It's been three weeks since I've been back in Virginia, started school, and away from Trey.

Living with Alex and Camila was a lot harder than I thought it would be. They were very much happy and in love and with Aiden in the picture they were the perfect family.

I wasn't bitter, but it did make being away from Trey a lot harder than I first anticipated. I started class two weeks ago and juggling four classes was hard. I've been tempted to drop a few classes but I didn't. Trey and I talked every morning and every night and skyped before going to bed every single day. We were good. We were happy. But I missed him a lot.

"Trey, you there?" I asked when he became quiet on the other line.

"Yeah, sorry about that baby."

"You okay, you sound a little distracted." I say.

"Yeah, sorry. Kev is trying to get me to sign off on something."

"Well can't he wait until you're off the phone?"

"Huh?" Trey said.

"Nevermind," I roll my eyes. "You know what, I gotta go. Call me you aren't so distracted." I say, annoyed.

"I'm listening baby." Trey argues.

"No you're not."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine Trey. You're clearly busy and I've procrastinated on my homework long enough. We'll just talk later."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

"Okay bye." Trey hangs up quickly. I stare at my phone confused. This was the first time he hung up without saying I love you...

"You okay?" Camila walks into the living room which I set up as my own work space while I did my homework. Textbooks were open on the table and pens and highlighters were scattered rolling off somewhere.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I put my cellphone away.

"Were you just on the phone with Trey?" She asks as she sits down next to me.

"If you can even call it that." I reply.

"What?"

"He was very quiet and distracted."

"He's not usually like that?"

I shake my head. "No. When we're on the phone I always have his undivided attention. Always." I explain. "I mean he said he was with his manager but..."

"You don't believe him?"

"I don't know...."

"Well when is the last time you saw him?" Camila wonders.

"About a month." I answer and Camila sucks her teeth. "What?"

"That's a month too long." She replies.

"What do you mean?"

"Girl, your man is TREY SONGZ. You can't just leave that man alone on tour for a day, let alone for weeks." She tells me.

"If you're thinking Trey is cheating on me while I'm not there then I'm gonna have to stop you right there. He wouldn't do that to me."

"Oh God. It's like a care bear humped a unicorn and gave birth to you." Camila replies. I stare at her. "You can't be that naive." She paused,staring at my facial expression. "Oh my god, you are. Sweetie, I'm not saying Trey doesn't love you or anything but he's a guy. Not just any guy. A celebrity. He has millions of girls wanting to get with him. A few of those girls are at his concerts. The clubs he hit afterwards. Staying in the same hotel as him. There's no way any guy could resist that much temptation... I don't care how in love he is." She finished.

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying you're gonna pack an overnight bag while I book a flight."

***

With the help of Camila and the information I already knew about Trey I was able to catch the next flight out to Philly and book a suite in the same hotel. No one knew I was coming. Not even Trey's crew. I walk into the lobby and up the front desk where there was a pretty red head typing away on the computer.

"Welcome the Palomar. How can I help you this evening?"

"Hi," I smiled. "I was hoping you could tell me what room Tremaine Neverson is in."

"I'm not able to disclose residents information." The woman whose name tag said her name was Ana tells me.

"I understand that, but I'm his girlfriend." I say.

"I'm sorry miss." Ana says. God, this was frustrating. And it wasn't like I could call Trey and tell him to confirm that we knew each other.

"Just give me a second." I tell Ana before I stepped away to make a phonecall.

"Amina, what a surprise." Kev says when he picks up the phone.

"Hey Kev. Is Trey around?"

"Uh no. He's back at his hotel. We both are. We wrapped rehersals an hour ago."

"Great. Can you come down to the lobby and confirm that I know Trey?"

"You're here?" He sounds surprised.

"Yes. But please don't tell Trey."

"Sure. I'll be down in a minute."

"Thanks."

A few minutes later Kev is walking over to me. We hug briefly then he tells Ana that I'm with him and Trey's crew. Ana apologizes to me and gives me a room key to Trey's suite. I thanked her before I rode up to Trey's floor with Kev.

"I'm sure Trey's gonna be happy to see you." Kev says to me before he goes into his own suite.

"I hope so." I mutter to myself before I look down at my outfit. A floral red, black and white crop top with a pencil white skirt with a pair of black heels. My make-up and hair still looked good. I took a deep breath before sliding the room key in. The door unlocks and I push the door open.

My stomach drops to the ground the same time the room key does when I see Trey. He's not alone. There's a pretty latina girl kneeling on the floor between his legs getting ready to take off his pants.

8+ comments for the next chapter!