Twenty-Six

"I'm gonna shower then I have a meet & greet. But I don't want to leave you alone." Trey tells me once we pull back from our hug.

"I'll keep her company." A female voice says and the both of us turn our heads to see Jasmine, one of Trey's backup dancers.

Trey looked back at me for approval and I nodded my head. Jasmine seemed like a nice person.

"I won't be long." He promises me before he kisses my forehead.

"Don't rush because me." I say to him. Trey pecks my lips before he walks off. "You don't have to stay with me." I tell Jasmine.

"It's cool girl. I was gonna come talk to you anyways when all of a sudden hoita came at you." Jasmine says.

"Did you just call her hoita?" I laugh.

Jasmine shrugged. "I would've done more than slapped that bitch if she came at me like that."

"She came out of nowhere... Like excuse you, I don't remember when Trey and I became your business."

"She just salty because Trey showing you off already and he dissed her."

"They slept together?"

"Girl, Trey's slept with just about every female that works for him." She tells me but then paused. "Well except for me. I ain't tryna catch something- no matter how fine he is." She stopped talking once she realized I was no longer walking beside her. "And I swear I'm not trying to start something between you and Trey." She says after thinking about her words. "He's a good guy... But he can be a whore."

"Nikia said he usually send the girls home when he's done with them..." A good guy wouldn't do that.

"Yeah, but you're different. I can see that already. Trey never claimed the girls he brought with him." Jasmine tries to reassure me. "Just forget I said anything. Come on, let's go watch the meet and greets." Jasmine tugged on my arm and I let her.

A few minuts later we were on the other side of the arena where the meet and greets were happening.

Jasmine and I stood next to Kev as we watched Trey interact with his fans. There was a line girls, all of them ranging different in ages. But they were all squealing, a few crying, and one girl called out that she loves him. Their reaction was completely valid. I understood it now. Trey is amazing. But looking at his fans now I'm glad I didn't know who he was until three weeks ago, because if I did, I would've just been another girl in line waiting for a minute of his attention, instead I was waiting on the side, ready to go back to his hotel where I'd sleep in his arms.

Trey glanced in my direction and smiled at me and I smiled back while waving.

"We should probably wait outside." I suggest, steering Jasmine away before she can get a chance to argue.

"Why?"

"Did you not see how those girls were looking me? They were probably already planning out my funeral."

Jasmine laughed. "Gonna have to get used to now that Trey's your man."

"What y'all talking about?" A familiar voice says before I feel an arm draped over my shoulder.

"Nothing." Jasmine and I say together.

"How was the meet and greets?" I asked.

"Good. They recognized you as the girl on stage."

"Did they say anything?"

"Nah," he turns to look at Jasmine. "Thanks for keeping my girl company."

"Whatever. I'll see y'all back at the hotel." She waved at the both of us before she walked off.

~~~

"What's wrong?" Trey asks the second we were alone in his hotel room. I was quiet the entire car ride thinking about what Jasmine said earlier.

"I'm just thinking." I sit on the bed and slip off my heels.

"About what?" He comes to stand in front of me.

"Jasmine said some things...." I played with my fingers on my lap, afraid to look into Trey's eyes.

"Tell me Amina." Trey urges.

I let out a deep breath. "She's said that you slept with practically every woman that works for you."

Trey sighed loudly before he bent down in front of me and lifted my chin so I could meet his gaze before grabbed my hand. "I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I don't have a history. But I'm with you now. You gotta believe me when I say I'm not checking for any other woman. Don't be looking for a reason to walk away from me." He says gently.

"I'm not." I argue.

"Do you want to be with me?" Trey demands.

"Of course." I answer with no hesitation.

"Then be with me." He tells me.

"I am."