The Date

IM SO SORRRRRRYY I HAVENT UPDATED AS OFTEN AS I SHOULD. I HAVE NO EXCUSE OTHER THAN BEING A RATHER CHAOTIC WRITER WHO NEEDS TO FIGURE STUFF OUT. SO SORRY GUYS! ------ ENJOY------------------------------

We were going on a big date. The first to arrive was Zac's crazy date who'd tried to strangle me the first day I came. She was hot, and that seemed to be Zac's excuse, here I quote 'She's smoking and I'll get laid, so sorry but she's coming'. After that piece of delightful information she arrived in a tiny black dress, skintight and showed her skinny limbs.

"Hi," she said seductively to us all.

I gulped and looked at Zac, who seized her and dipped her in for a long movie kiss. After a minute of wet smooching sounds they surfaced. Bile was rising in my throat and Cam and I shared a long suffering look. He seemed to have the same thoughts as I did, which was in one word; gross. C'mon, those sounds! I shuddered... I had lost my innocence.

The door bell rang again and this time Cam's date arrived.

"I'm not his date," she said in an offended tone as I said hi, "We're friends- if you could it that."

"This is Lee," he sighed,"Also known as Tiny Crazy Japanese Woman."

She was tiny, but she was adorable. Her long shiny black hair curtained her pale face and dark eyes. She had an upturned nose, a small pouty mouth and looked like a porcelain doll. She was wearing a short flowing skirt and a tanktop. She smiled at me and scowled at Zac's dates dress.

"My grandparents are Japanese, not me. Get it right," she snapped, "Ooh, I love your dress Serena. You're completely gorgeous, no wonder they let you move in."

I blushed, "Thanks."

"And she's a genuis," added Cam, sounding like a proud mom.

I made a mmm sound, looking at my shoes, squirming. I didn't enjoy being being centre of attention; I was used to sharing the spotlight. I pushed the thought away firmly, I wasn't thinking of my old life; that part of me was done. I was Serena Jones, the fourth roommate, and I had my own life to lead. I looked up and saw Ace looking at me, slightly sadly.

"I'll make drinks till our dates come," I said, making my voice cheerful, "Who want's what?"

"I'll help," Ace offered, taking my wrist loosely in his and pulling me into the kitchen area. I dodged his questioning looks and grabbed two sodas out of the fridge for Lee and I, but as I turned Ace was standing right in front of me, blocking all exits.

"Excuse me?" I said, looking up at his stunningly handsome face.

"Why are you being sad?" he demanded.

No tact, I thought. He was like neon, all bright and in your face. I liked neon, but it was so luminous, and always reminded me of the night. And parties... the last party I'd been too there had been neon lighting. And suddenly I was blinking away tears, and before I could stop myself I was hugging myself to Ace, clinging to him.

His arms went round my neck, pulling me closer, "Aww, what's wrong with the lil'genuis?"

"I don't know. Just hold me for a sec," I told him, pressing my face into the crook of his neck.

He groaned, "This is worse than spooning."

I sighed and then shivered from the cold air the fridge was emitting, took a deep breath and unlinked myself from Ace. Ace looked down at me, a fond smile on his face.

"You know your like a really annoying little sister who you can't help but love even though you want to tear her hair out half the time," Ace said as he poured the drinks.