“Hey my amazingly awesome bro. How’s BU going? By the way mom just called,” I said, crossing my legs in front of me.

       “Elle?” a voice that didn’t belong to Jordan said.

       “Hey Jake! Umm… Where exactly is my brother?” I asked, trying to not sound overly embarrassed by the way I started.

       “Upstairs.”

       “Well, since I’m talking to you anyways, I might as well ask.”

       “What?”

       “Jake Anderson would you like to be my date to a wedding in a few weeks?” I asked, not too worried about his response.

       “Hmmm… I’ll have to think about it,” he teased. I could practically hear the smirk seeping through his words.

       “Oh, well if you can’t make it, I’m sure there’s someone else I can take," I said playfully.

       “No way! You’re totally taking me!”

       “Yay! Can I talk to my brother now please?” I laughed.

       “Yeah, sure one sec,” I heard muteness on the other end, and a distant, “Jordan! Elle’s on the phone!”

       “Hey sis! What’s up?” Jordan asked, picking the phone back up.

       “Oh, ya know, nothing much. Mom just called.”

       “What’d she want?” he groaned.

       “To remind us about a wedding we have to go to.”

       “Whose?”

       “Kerry and Brian Winters?” I said, not sure if he had any recollection of her.

       “The chick who wouldn’t give me ice cream?!” 

       “Yup,” I said, genuinely surprised that he had remembered a person with such a lack of a monumental presence in his life.

       “I hate that chick!” he complained.

       “Too bad. Bring a date, or suffer forever alone,” I sighed.

       “Fine. Bye, sis,” he said, hanging up before I had a chance to respond.

       “Have a nice chat with your big bro?” John yawned.

       “Lovely one,” I mumbled, getting off of my bed.

       “Elle! And the other kid with blonde hair that lives with us!” Nick yelled from downstairs, probably in the kitchen.

       “What?” I screamed back.

       “We have a guest! Come down!” he shouted. I gave John a hesitant look, and he shrugged. We left the comfort of my room, and went down the stairs. We passed the kitchen, and entered the front room, to see Nick standing there with a tall kid.

       The guy standing before us had short, dirty blonde hair, and screamed preppy. He had on a blue jacket, with a small alligator in the corner. Only Nick’s friends... Underneath was a simple light blue T-shirt, that went fairly well with the choice of outerwear. He had on a pair of sneakers that looked brand new, and white mess shorts, both of which probably cost a fortune. This boy represented all that I resented, and my only qualms about going to Harvard; that one simple word that I despised: Preppy. 

       When I was in high school, the school was filled with boys like the one that now stood in front of me. They scared me. Nick was never one of those boys; he always had a bit of an edge to him. Sure he had an odd obsession to certain brand names, but that’s just because of how he grew up. John on the other hand, unfortunately, was one of those boys, and still is in some aspects. I think boys like that lack... individuality, I guess.