What You Mean To Me {Akashi x Reader}

Dedicated to GreatPapyrusDeanmon.

WARNING: Contains self-harm.

---------------------------<3

You were having a hard time figuring out why life seemed to hate you. Your felt like your friends hated you, and your parents couldn't seem to care about the fact that you were depressed.

The only thing that seemed to make you happy were your online friends, who did their best to cheer you up, but it didn't always work.

Despite the people around you, you felt so alone. Like the darkness around you was your only friend. 

You looked down at the table of the desk you sat at, the empty classroom the only thing surrounding you, no outside noise to calm the voices in your head.

"What do I call this self hate I feel...?"

You pulled your long sleeves down to hide the scars that rested safely... or, unsafely, beneath the piece of clothing. 

"(Y/N)," you turned your head to the door of the classroom, a tall-short male standing there, leaning against the wall. "What are you doing? School's already over."

'I don't want to go home...'

He walked over to you, and took your hand in his, and your sleeve slipped slightly. 

"(Y/N)." Your name said in a firm tone escaped his lips. "What's this?" He pushed your sleeve back to show you what he was talking about. You quickly pulled your hand away.

"It's nothing!" You hissed, pushing him away.

'Don't get too close to anyone.'

"You shouldn't hurt someone as beautiful as you," he stated with a rare, but small smile. 

"S-shut up!"

"You're not alone. There's no reason to give up when the game's only just begun, (Y/N)."

"He's right," a gentle voice added, and your eyes darted to the door, where your other friends, the ones you made online, stood with warm smiles. "You can't possibly be alone when we're here, supporting you."

"You can't give up! We'd all miss you dearly if you were to leave us!" 

"A world without you is too sad, and painful to imagine."

"We don't want to lose you."

"Saying 'goodbye' is too hard, so don't go, okay?"

"We need you in our lives. You meme so much more to us than you can ever imagine." A particularly cheerful friend sent you a wink, and you laughed at the inside joke you two shared.

"So please live on."

You felt your eyes pool with tears. "Thank you, I will. Thank you."

Akashi smiled and wiped your tears away. "You look even more beautiful with a smile, you know," he chuckled as the light laugh that bloomed from you.

'You mean a lot to me, (Y/N).'

---------------------------------<3

A chapter dedicated to someone who memes a lot to me. I love you, GreatPapyrusDeanmon, and don't you ever forget it! 

Teiko_Kuroko~<3