Memory {Kuroko x Reader}

More angst (ish), because why not.

---------------------<3

"Whether it's good memories or bad, you need both, or else you've got nothing."

Heartbroken.

That was one of few other words that could accurately describe how depressed Kuroko was feeling.

He was supposed to visit you today. You were in the hospital, caught in a coma, and without you, Kuroko felt lonely.

He hadn't heard the melodic sound of your voice in months, but it felt like years.

You had been in an accident; hit by a car. Kuroko was more than shocked when they broke the news to him, but even worse, they said you might have lost your memory.

Suffering through a few months without you was painful enough, how was he supposed to survive if you forgot about him completely?

He couldn't bear the thought.

"We're always together, and it feels like a dream. But when I wake, and you're not beside me, I realize that's all it ever was. A dream."

Kuroko could only hope you'd remember him, remember all you went through with him.

He walked up to the reception desk, startling the woman who was working there.

"I'd like to visit (L/N), (Y/N), please."

The woman nodded. "She's in room one hundred and three."

Kuroko thanked her, and inhaled a nervous breath as he slowly walked to your hospital room. His hand hovered over the door handle, before her gripped it tightly, palms slightly sweaty.

He pulled the door open, and was blinded by sunlight filtering into the room through the open window.

"Without you, I am nothing, I have nothing, and the painful reminder is the now one-sided memories we used to share."

His eyes soon adjusted to the change in light, and he found himself staring helplessly at your figure sitting up in the bed.

You continued to look at the world outside the window. After a moment, you turned to face the door.

The past couple of days since you woke from your coma, people you didn't recognize continued to visit you, talking like they knew you. They left you confused and baffled.

"Hello," you greeted him, smiling kindly.

He nodded, maintaining his blank expression. "Hello."

"Have you come to visit me?"

"Yes..."

You laughed nervously. "I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name... Would you mind reminding me?"

"I'm Kuroko, Tetsuya." His tone gave off a small hint of his sadness. It seems you really didn't remember him.

You simply smiled, not noticing. "What a nice name," you chirped. "It seems familiar..."

Kuroko's expression brightened up a bit. "Really?"

"Yeah... but I don't know why..."

He frowned lightly. "Oh..."

"Thank you for visiting me, though," you thanked him softly, and he nodded, looking away sadly.

He tried to come up with a believable excuse to escape before his heart broke even more. "S-sorry I-," you cut him off.

"I'm sorry," you mumbled, turning your head down to stare at your hands, which rested in your lap. "I-I've gone and done it again, haven't I..."

"Huh?" Kuroko tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"I've hurt someone... because I can't remember, because I lost my memory..." You looked out the window like you were when Kuroko walked in, so he wouldn't notice your tears.

Kuroko could only watch you, not completely understanding.

"I just... I wish I could remember."

Kuroko walked closer to you, and gently placed his hand on top of yours.

"Don't push yourself to remember. Take your time..."

You turned back to Kuroko, and wiped the tears from your eyes. "It may seem selfish, but... I do know you... somehow... So... Will you wait for me? Until I regain my memory?"

Kuroko gently rubbed his thumb over the back of your hand. "Of course."

"The only things that hurt the most, are the good memories we've forgotten."

-------------------<3

It's 5:46am rn on Friday (while I'm writing this, not the day I'm publishing, lol) and apparently, my sign, Capricorn, has the best luck today, and Scorpios have the worst luck. Lol, most of my friends are Scorpios. XD

Lol, I finished this at 6:03am, and I'm tired, but not tired. I'll try to sleep, tho, so Bai.

Teiko_Kuroko~<3