Underwater {Akashi x Reader}

"My head's underwater, but I'm breathing fine."

You don't know what it feels like to be thousands of miles below the surface. You don't know what it's like to be breathless.

You never fell in love, cared about someone else, about anything. All that mattered to you, was yourself. Perhaps that's exactly why he felt such a strong connection to you.

But there was another reason. It was because he knew what it felt like to drown. To be overtaken by people's expectations, lies, rules.

Humanity was cruel, and you hadn't noticed it yet.

Your mother wanted you to look perfect.

Your father wanted nothing more than you to have straight A's.

And you wanted nothing more than to be normal.

Pressure,
Pressure,
Pressure. It kept on pushing, and pushing, and pushing. It never let up. "Do this, do that! Don't mess up!" The words drone on and on in you head as though they've been placed on endless repeat.

'Leave me alone", "stop taking to me", "why can't I just be myself"?

A hand appeared in you line of view, and you let your eyes trail up their soft-looking skin. When your eyes met with another pair of hetero chromatic ones, you felt your heart skip a beat.

"Akashi-san," you nearly whispered as you let him pull you to your feet.

"You're much prettier with a smile, you know," he told you, as he gently tucked a loose strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Thank you," you mumbled, as a light blush spread across your cheeks.

"I guess I can play the knight this time. Do you need saving, Prince(ss) (Y/N)?" He asked, and you smiled.

"I guess so."

------------------<3

*Is not talking about this fanfiction*

Guysssssssssssss, I have made a BIG mistake ; n ;

I apologize, I am no longer a pure, 14-year-old cinnamon roll. *Falls to knees* I have done something that I should not have, and I regret it with all that I am. I hope you all can forgive me.

*Wipes away tears and stands back up* If you are still a pure cinnamon roll, DO NOT ASK WHAT I HAVE DONE. I WILL NOT TELL YOU. I AM SORRY.

*Falls back on knees* *Bows* Please forgive me, Reader-sama, I won't let it happen again. ; n ;

Teiko_Kuroko~<3