Tired {Cheater!Aomine x Reader} (Part Three)

Aomine loved your body, not you. But what you loved about Aomine? That's complicated. However, after he cheated, there was nothing. No love, no smiles, no sweet and kind kisses; absolutely nothing remained. Only the pieces of your broken heart were left to clean up, and you would be on your way to moving on.

You inwardly groaned at the thought of possibly seeing Aomine while you were recovering your belongings from the place you two once shared.

You knocked on the door, prepared to leave, had he been inside, but silence was the only thing that greeted you. You let out a sigh of relief that you didn't know you'd been holding, and pushed your key into the lock.

Before you had even turned the key, the door creaked open. You, needless to say, were shocked, but cautiously walked in, nonetheless.

Clothes were scattered everywhere on the floor, dirty dishes piling up in the sink, objects thrown across the room. It was a disaster.

"Did a tornado go through here, or something?" You mumbled, having to restrain your need to clean the place from head-to-toe. It was a habit you couldn't quite get rid of.

You heard Aomine's large form descend the stairs before you saw it, and instinctively froze, remembering why you were there, and what you planned to do.

Aomine gave a tired yawn as he turned the corner, topless and exhausted. You ignored the pang of guilt that hit you when you realized his restlessness was because of you.

His eyes widened in surprise when he noticed you, before he rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Or maybe he thought he was hallucinating due to lack of sleep.

Damn, looking at him while he was like this made you feel so guilty...! He shouldn't be able to do this to you! Especially after all that had happened.

He started to move towards you, and you backed away. The excited smile he wore dropped to a frown, realizing that you weren't here to forgive him. That you weren't there for him.

"(Y/N)..." His voice was quiet when he said your name, and it still sent shivers down your spine. Your reaction disgusted you, but remained a painful reminder to your heart that you still loved him, and you always would.

You shook your head. "This was a mistake," you mumbled, casting your gaze to your feet. "I'll be going now."

"(Y/N), wait-! Please! I-," he kept cutting himself off, unable to find the right words.

"Don't apologize," you sighed. "You've said 'I'm sorry' enough, and it's too late to fix everything. We're over. It's all over. I'm getting my stuff and leaving."

You placed your things into the box you brought, holding it in front of you. The look Aomine wore was heartbreaking, but you had to stay strong. You had to do this, had to end things.

"Goodbye."

You turned to leave when Aomine's strong grip on your upper arm stopped you.

"Please don't go," he pleaded. Maybe he really was afraid of being alone, but you knew he was perfectly capable of finding someone to replace you. You had seen it with your own eyes.

"I'm going." Your venomous tone shocked not only you, but Aomine as well, for he hesitantly released you. Without turning back to look at him, you walked to the door, hand on the knob...

"You're the only one I love!" He cried out to you, a desperate plea, but trust was to be earned, and he lost yours. And there was no way he was ever going to get it back.

"Please keep your love to yourself," you hissed, "I don't want it." Taking a deep breath, you walked out of the apartment and out of Aomine's life.

You never came back.

-----------------------<3

Sorry for the long wait! I ended up writing it on paper, then lost the paper ;-;

Hope you enjoyed!

Teiko_Kuroko~<3