"I'll Be Okay." {Kagami x Reader}

Suffering was hard. Dealing with loss felt impossible. It was like you had been turned to glass, pushing yourself away from others.

Kagami wanted to hug you, comfort you, so badly. But the fear that you might break from even the slightest of touches, manifested deep within his heart.

During practice that day, he was often easily distracted, his mind elsewhere.

"Kagami! How long do you plan on holding the ball?!" Riko shouted angrily, before she launched a basketball at Kagami, hitting him in the head.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"Pay attention," she hissed, and he nervously nodded. Despite making it through basketball practice, he still didn't know what he could do for you.

What he could do to help you. To cheer you up. As long as he was there for you, however, he saw nothing wrong with that.

"Taiga," you said quietly, hearing the door to your shared apartment open with a click. You rose from your seat on the couch, and met him at the door. "Welcome home."

"Thank you, I'm glad to be back," he had replied, and a small smile appeared on your face.

You always looked the most beautiful when you were smiling, Kagami often thought. But he knew that you were always beautiful. Smiling or not.

Taking a deep breath to gather his courage, he hugged you to his chest, heart beating quickly in his chest.

"I love you, (Y/N). So much that I don't want anything to happen to you. Please, cheer up soon." The was a nervous tremble in his voice that was barely noticeable.

You nodded lightly against his chest. "I'll try," you promised, and his expression brightened.

"Thank you." He kissed the top of your head, relieved.

'I love you so much, it hurts, Taiga.'

-------------------<3

Hehe, um..... *Looks away* Don't ask where this came from... it was kinda spur of the moment, I guess? And I was thinking, "Meh, that's not half bad. Lemme just type it up."

Please forgive any errors!

Kuroko: *Pats my back* You did fine. I'm very proud. Good job on getting to about 59 or so, chapters already, as well.

:3 Of course! *Smiles proudly*

Also, thank you to all of my readers for supporting me for this long! You all mean the most! Thank you! <3

Teiko_Kuroko~<3