Smile {Kagami x Reader}

Kagami loved your smile. The way your face lit up when you laughed, the way your eyes twinkled. He loved you, but it had been awhile since he had last seen you happy.

Despite him being your best friend, you didn't always tell him everything. So when he saw you seated in the bleachers, watching him play with your lips pressed into a firm line, he knew something was up.

Kagami frowned. Why weren't you happy? You were always happy watching him play! Hell, you were probably the loudest cheerer in the whole crowd!

But when he dunked the ball, and you didn't even stand up to signal a 'good job' to him, he knew that something was really wrong.

This wasn't like you. You always cheered! There was hardly ever a time when you weren't smiling!

You were literally in the yearbook for 'best smile' for more than three years in a row.

So what was up? What changed?

Kagami wanted so badly to call time so he could go ask you, but knowing he would get a severe and physically draining punishment from Riko, he convinced himself that it was a bad idea.

When the game was over, you let out a small sigh and rose to your feet, making your way to the door. Kagami, unchanged and still sweaty, dashed after you, pulling your back to his chest in a firm embrace.

"Why're you sad?"

"I'm not sad."

"Then why're you not smiling?"

"Um... Because I'm not happy, either...?" You stated as though you were asking a question, like your answer was obvious.

"What's wrong?" He pressed.

You let out another sigh. "Go change, then I'll tell you. You're seriously sweaty."

He gave you a very Taiga smile and made you promise not to leave before he bolted to the changing rooms.

Riko stopped him before he left, "where're you going?"

"To cheer up (Y/N)!" He grinned. A happy and eager Taiga was a hard Taiga to stop.

He practically raced out that door with more passion than he had during his games. But that was because it was you.

"Come on," Kagami ushered you to spill what had been on your mind.

"Ugh," you groaned. "But it's a boy problem, Taiga."

"So? I might not have ever been in a relationship, but I know about love!" He hit his chest proudly.

"Fine. There's this guy I like. He's on the basketball team, but all he ever thinks about is basketball!"

Kagami looked taken aback, shocked, and maybe a little disgusted. "You like Kuroko?!"

"No! Wrong, idiot!" Your face flushed a deep red in embarrassment, wondering how he came to the conclusion that you were crushing on a guy you barely knew existed.

"Then who is it?!"

"I can't say! It's too embarrassing!"

"Come on," he pressed, "you know you can tell me anything!"

"Fine!" You took a deep breath, squeezing your eyes shut, hands clenched into fists. "I like you, Taiga!" You screamed it out in sheer flusteredness, before opening your eyes to a surprised Taiga.

Guilt flooded over you, and you made a run for the door, trying to escape the situation unfolding before you.

"Wait!" He called out to you, and you stopped. "I, uh, like you, too." He rubbed the back of his head, looking away from you, his own cheeks feeling hot.

You froze at his confession, taking in the new information, putting the pieces together in your mind, before your happiest smile graced your features.

Kagami could not have been more in love with you than he was when he saw your smile.

Kagami loved everything about you, but your smile was his favorite.

--------------------<3

//frozen in shock//

This is chapter 98, guys!!! :0

Two more chapters until I meet my goal! Thanks for sticking with me for this long! I'm really grateful!

My fingers are numb from the cold tho.

Teiko_Kuroko~<3