Summertime {Akashi x Reader}

The heat of the summer that year was more than hot. Sweat dripped down your forehead, which you wiped away with the back of your hand, before turning to look at your boyfriend, amazed. How was he able to wear a kimono in this heat? No one knows.

"Aren't you hot?" You asked, fanning yourself with your hand. 

"Not particularly," He replied, smiling faintly as you looked as though you were about pass out from the heat.

"You've got to be kidding."

"Oh, I almost forgot. There's a festival today."

"It's almost too hot to go."

"Do you want to go, though?"

"Yes." You leaned back, squinting at the sun. "But can we go when it's dark? I'm sure it'll be cooler then."

"Sure."

~Time Skip To The Festival~

You sat next to Akashi on a blanket in the grass. You jumped slightly when a loud boom echoed in the distance, before the sky lit up above you in a fury of colors. Fireworks exploded in the air above your heads in all sorts of colors, like paint splatters in the otherwise black of the night sky. You stared in awe.

"It's beautiful...." You whispered, surrounded by the noise around you. Cheering, talking, fireworks. All other sounds were blocked out as you turned to look at Akashi, smiling brightly. "Thank you." 

It was like you were in a silent movie. You spoke, but the sound of your words couldn't be heard. Somehow, he was still able to read your lips, and he smiled back. Before you could even comprehend what had happened, Akashi leaned in, kissing you.

You felt your cheeks heat up, surprised, but the joy you felt from being there, being able to share that moment with the one you loved the most, it felt... Amazing.

"I love the summertime."

-------------------<3

Well... this is the 67th published chapter, 71 in all. 0-0 Thank you all for continuing to read this book, and for voting, and for all the follows! You guys are the best! <3

I hope you all like this chapter. Sorry if it felt kinda rushed, I ended up stopping a couple of times, but I'm kinda glad I didn't! Thanks again, guys!

Teiko_Kuroko~<3