54

Wouldn't he need it more than I?
That question rang through my head as I looked down at my fathers wand while everyone else was celebrating the fact that Potter was in deed back and that my father was gone. Me? I wanted to run, I wanted to leave this mess I wanted no part in this blood war that was going to happen today whether anyone knew it or not. People where going to die today fighting for which ever cause which ever side they believed in except Draco and I we were the kids who had no choice.
For the sake of the people Potter better win this bloody war or it's the end for us all we not all of us just anyone who doesn't side with Voldemort that is.
I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a girl screaming really loud and I looked up and seen McGonagle looking around I was sure Potter was on the ground just before the first scream. Potter started to walk to the girl that was screaming holding her ears sitting in a corner. Suddenly another high pitch scream came and it was from someone in my very own house. Potter started heading my way.
"I know many of you want to fight some of you may even think that a fight is wise. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and nobody shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave everything untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You will have one hour." Voldemort said as if he were actually here.
I knew he expected me to bring Potter to him but I wasn't going to. No it's not turning my back because it's not a direct order he was talking to everyone. Everyone moved leaving Potter, Granger, and Weasley in the middle. I was standing next to Basile and Goyle
"Well what are you waiting for someone grab him!" Pansy yelled.
I rolled my eyes of course she would yell it out. Ginny went and stood in front of Potter like a girlfriend would to protect him. Then more and more people joined her guarding Potter.
"Students out of bed! Students out of bed!" Filch yelled as he ran into the great hall.
He was one person I hope got caught in the cross fire of everything that will go down today I hate him.
Flashback
"Draco won't we get caught?" I asked.
"No trust me" Draco said as the two of us walked through the dark halls of Hogwarts.
"I don't know Dra I feel like that rotten old man will catch us and turn us into Snape and I'm scared of him" I said.
"Maddie will you please stop acting like a baby?" Draco said.
We were eleven so it was our first year.
"I'm not!" I yelled.
"Yes you are and shut up your going to get us caught" Draco said as we walked into the library.
We were on a special Draco and Maddie case where we were spying on the Golden Trio.
"Draco I hear someone" I said.
"Sh" he said as we continued.
"Never thought I'd find me a couple of Slytherins in the library this late" I heard Filch say from behind us.
"I told you!" I whispered as we turned around.
"Whatever" he said rolling his eyes.
"Right to Professor Snape you two go!" He laughed.
I looked back and seen Potter trying so hard to hide but failing so badly since I seen him laughing his ares off because Draco and I got busted.
"Professor lookie what I found wandering the corridors late at night" filch said.
"Mayer! Malfoy! Get over here! Get out Filch" Snape yelled.
He left.
"I'm not even going to ask what you two were doing out of bed wandering around but I better not happen again! You both have detention" he said pointing to the door which was his way of sending us out.
Flashback over
"They are supposed to be out of bed you idiot" McGonagall said.
"Oh okay" he said.
"It so happens Mr. Filch you arrived at a time in need of you could lead Miss Parkinson and the other Slytherin students from the hall" she said.
I looked at Goyle and Basile.
"And where would you like me to take them?" He asked.
"The dudgeons will do" she said.
Everyone started cheering.
We followed Mr. Filch out of the hall.
Everything was crazy around us as we walked to the dudgeons.
I walked with Goyle and Basile as Pansy was in the front I guess she was more of a threat than the rest of us even though I was two things a death eater and Snapes daughter.
As we passed windows I seen the protection of the castle underway. Hogwarts was going to fight and help Potter win but I can't afford to think like that not at the moment anyway.
Suddenly there was a pop and Draco appeared in front of me grabbing me Goyle and Basile and dragging us away from the other students and towards the room of requirements.
"Draco I don't understand" I whispered as we walked deep into the room that was full of junk.
"Just sh is all I can say" he said as he quickly kissed my cheek.
"It's about to happen isn't it?" I asked.
"Yes and your so strong Maddie so strong and your going to fight right along side of me" he said pushing my hair behind my ear.
I smiled for the first time in a few days.
"Let's go" I said as we caught up with the other two boys.
I assume we would be meeting Harry in here.
The wizard wars about to begin and that protection spell won't hold them. It for long as soon as the brake through people will be dying, classmates, teachers, friends, and family and I may be strong to fight but I won't be strong if I lose Draco, my father, Narrissa, or Lucius. But everyone was bound to lose someone close in this war and that was one thing I wasn't prepared for.