11

"Nevertheless the end of my summer was rather depressing," I said as the boys and I walked to the school.
Crabbe started laughing and Draco gave him the death glare.
"I'm sorry Mayer" Crabbe quickly said.
I blew it off and we took our seats at the Slytherin table and listened to the choir that would lead to dumbledores yearly speech.
The beautiful choir finished and Dumbledore took his place at the podium.
"Welcome welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now I would like to say a few things before we fest. First I would like to introduce to you our new D.A.D.A professor RJ Lupin. Good luck!" Dumbledore said as Lupin stood up and everything clapped wildly.
"Harry he's the guy who gave you the chocolate on the train" I heard Hermione say to Potter.
The Slytherin table is so very close to the Gryffindor table and Draco and I always hear the golden trio's conversation.

Draco heard them two.
"Potter! Potter!" Draco whisper yelled as Draco and I and this other guy turned around.
Harry turned around as did Ron to face us.
"Is it true you fainted?" Draco asked laughing.
The boy on the other side of Draco pretended to faint.
Draco just looked at the boy and then back at Potter with a smile.
"I mean you actually fainted?" Draco laughed.
"Shut up Malfoy," Weasley said pushing Potter to turn around.
"How did he even find out" I heard Potter mumble.
"We know everything" I laughed as Draco gave me a smirk before we turned back around.
"Forget it, Harry," Hermione said loud enough for us to hear.
"Rubius Hagrid will be taking over in the magical creatures department" Dumbledore continued.
Everyone clapped again as well.
"The ministry of magic has requested that dementors guard every entrance in case Serious Black shows up," Dumbledore said which sent everyone into a whisper with each other.
After the fest, we all went to our dormitories to get ready for bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Magical Creatures class
"It's outside!" I asked looking up at Hagrid.
"But of course Miss. Mayer" he said.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag and walked with Draco.
"I don't want to go outside" I mumbled as we walked down the hill behind the golden trio. They knew were to go Draco and I busted them one-time during the first year for sneaking out and coming down here.
Flashback
Draco, Potter, Granger, Weasley and I followed the old guy outside were the five of us would be serving detention.
It was mega dark out and the old guy leads us down the hill and to Hagrid's where we were serving detention.
"You five will be serving detention in the dark forest with Hagrid," the old guy said as we approach the hut.
Hagrid was sad about his dragon that got sent away.
"Dumbledore sent him away to be with his own kind," Hagrid said.
"Isn't that good?" Granger asked.
"What if the other dragons are mean to him he's only a baby after all" Hagrid said.
"Oh pull yourself together you're going into the dark forest," the man said.
"In the forest, I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed and there are there are werewolves" Draco said looking up at the adults.
Of course, that scared the rest of us and I instantly grabbed Draco. We were only first years after all.
"You can't be serious," the man said rolling his eyes. "Stop being a baby"
Draco just stood there with a super scared look.
The old guy left and we followed Hagrid into the forest that students weren't allowed in. Draco and I followed the group and he was constantly looking around.
"Will you stop your scaring me" I whispered.
"No something could be out there" he whispered as we stopped.
"What's that?" Granger asked.
"This Hermione this is unicorn blood I found a dead one a few days ago. This one has only been hurt badly" Hagrid said.
We all looked at each other.
"So it's our job to find out what is doing this. Ron and Hermione, you're with me" Hagrid said.
"Okay," Ron whimpered.
Draco took a deep breath and rolled his eyes.
"Harry, Malfoy, and Mayer your together," Hagrid said.
"Okay, then I get Fang!" Draco said instantly.
"Fine but just so you know he's a bloody coward," Hagrid said.
Draco glanced at me and swallowed hard and then Potter, Draco and I looked at the dog. Draco carried the lantern as the three of us plus the dog walked there the forest.
"Wait till my father hears about this. This is servant stuff " Draco said as we walked.
"If I didn't know better Draco I'd say you were scared," Potter said.
"Scared Potter... *scary sound* did you hear that?" Draco asked.
He shook it off and we kept walking.
"Come on Fang... Scared?" Draco said mumbling the last part.
I walked with the boys
After walking a bit Draco stopped and something was there Fang barked and Draco screamed and ran and I ran after him.
"Draco!" I screamed as I followed him.
He kept running and I tried to catch up and tripped and fell and I screamed making Draco stop and look back.
"Maddie?" I questioned as he ran back.
He helped me up and we started running again until we ran into Hagrid, Weasley, and Granger.
Flashback over
"Step closer comes on now gather I have a real treat for you guys today follow me," Hagrid said.
We followed him into the woods.
"Here we are less chatting and gather over there and open your books to page 49," Hagrid said.
"exactly how do we do that?" Draco asked holding up the odd book.
"Just stroke that's the spine of course," Hagrid said as he walked away.
I took my book and went to do as told and Draco grab my wrist.
"What?" I asked.
"In case it's some trick I'll go first," he said as he let go of my wrist and stroked the spine of the book and it worked so he nodded and I too stroked the spine.
Longbottom on the other hand...
The blood book attacked him and he ended up on the ground.
"Don't be such a nit Longbottom," Draco said as we walked by.
"I'm fine!" Longbottom said.
"I think they are funny," Hermione said.
"Oh yeah terribly funny," Draco said as the golden trio turned around.
"Really Witty. God look what this place has come to wait till my father hears Dumbledore has this giant   teaching classes." Draco continued.
The four of us started laughing.
"Shut up Malfoy," Potter said as he started walking towards us.
Draco was against the tree with Crabbe to his left and me with his right arm around me and then Goyle to my right.
Draco looked at us sorta shocked by Potter.
"Ooooh," Draco said and then the other two joined in and I just stood there.
Draco removed his arm from around me and dropped his bag into Crabbe's hands and walked towards Potter. He got real close to and then he looked up and started backing up like he has seen something.
"Ah ah, dementor! dementor!" Draco yelled pointing to the sky.
Everyone looked and Draco rejoined us as we all busted up laughing pulling the hood of our robes on and made scary noises. Potter was going to go after Draco but Granger pulled him back giving Draco a dirty look. We continued to laugh it was funny.
Hagrid came back his a creature that looked rather interesting.
Draco put his arm back around me and gently kissed my cheek.
"Isn't he beautiful? Meet Buckbeck!" Hagrid said as he fed the thing a dead ferret.
"Hagrid exactly what is that?" Ron asked.
"That Ron is a hippogriff," Hagrid said.
"First thing you need to know is they are very territorial they are very offended easily so you want to be careful you don't want to insult them. It may just be the last thing you ever do."
I felt Draco's grip tighten a bit.
"Now who wants to say hello?" Hagrid asked.
Everyone backed up leaving Potter there all alone.
"Well done Harry well done," Hagrid said.
Potter looked around noticing that everyone backed up. He stood there for a bit tho and then Ron pushed him.
"Now let him make the first move its only polite" Hagrid said as Potter slowly walked out.
"You step up and bow and if he bows back you may proceed if he doesn't then we will get to that later,"Hagrid said. "Slowly..."
The creature made a sound and Hagrid had Potter back off so Potter back up slowly and stepped on a branch and I hid my face in Draco's chest. I didn't want to watch anyone get hurt.
Then the thing bowed back.
"Well done you may pet him now," Hagrid said.
Potter walked to the string slowly as Draco, the goons and I busted through the wall of people so we could see.
Then Hagrid stuck Potter on the things back and off they went and when it was time for it to return Hagrid whistled and it came back and it was pretty neat.
Potter got off and Hagrid and Potter talked and Draco pushed past a few more people.
"Your not scary at all are you?" Draco asked as he walked toward the thing.
"Malfoy," Hagrid said.
"Draco," I said pushing past people.
The thing bucked up in the air and Draco looked up and put his arm up and Buckbeck scratched him.
"Buckbeck!" Hagrid said as Draco fell to the ground.
"Draco!" I said as I ran over to him.
Hagrid, of course, had to clam the blood thing down while my classmates scattered. And then Hagrid sent Buckbeck away.
"Oh, it's killed me. It's killed me" Draco cried as he held his arm.
"Calm down it's its just a scratch," Hagrid said.
I looked up at Hagrid about to say something but Hermione jumped in.
"Hagrid he has to be taken to the hospital!" Hermione yelled.
"Okay, I'll take him I'm the teacher," Hagrid said as he picked Draco up.
"Oh oh, you're going to regret this!" Draco whined.
"Class dismissed," Hagrid said as I ran to catch up with Hagrid and Draco.
"You and your bloody chicken" Draco whined again.
"It's not a chicken," I said slowly but I was ignored as I tried to keep up.