27

We walked into the great hall for the feast like every year. I took my rightful place next to my boyfriend of 2 years.
"The new D.A.D.A teacher is Professor Umbridge" Dumbledore introduced.
Only a few people clapped but all that ran through my head was "he's closer than you think"
I studied the male professor's faces and none of them looked like they could be my father at least not that I'm aware of but I knew this was going to be a year of investigations because I wasn't going to Narcissa about this not unless I really need to.
"Maddison come on Snape is going to tell us who the prefects are for the Slytherin house," Draco said pulling me out of the trans.
"Right," I said as I followed him to Snape.
"Let me guess Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Mayer, you want to know the perfects for your house" Snape said as he looked at us.
"Yes sir," I said.
"Well I'll have you know it's you two," he said.
"Yes!" I said as Draco and I walked back to the table.
"So?" Crabbe asked.
"It's us," I said.
"Of course it would be the prince and princess of Slytherin," one of the 7th years said.
I rolled my eyes and sat down.
"Okay perfects take the kids to your dormitories," Dumbledore said.
"Okay first years follow us," I said with a smile.
We walked down to the dungeon and we told the first years the password to get into the Slytherin common room.
"What was it again!" One of the first years asked.
"Pureblood" I repeated.
The kid nodded and we walked into the common room.
"Boys dormitories are up to the left and the girl's dormitories are up to your right," Draco said as he looked over at me.
"Your stuff is in your rooms already," I said as the kids went off to their rooms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First D.A.D.A class
As always Draco and I sat in the back.
One of the Gryffindor girls made a paper bird and it flew around the classroom when it came over to Draco and I, I blew on it and then it flew over Crabbe and he shot something at it and then it flew back to the person who made it and then it burst into flames and it fell to the ground.
"Good morning children," Umbridge said as she lowered her wand.
Everyone looked at each other and suddenly I wished that Lupin was back wasn't that bad of a teacher.
"Ordinary Wizarding Level Examination. O-W-L" Umbridge said as she walked from the back of the class to the front of the class.
"More commonly known as Owls," she said as she stood in front of the class now with a smile.
"Study hard and you will be rewarded fail to do so and the consequences may be severe," she said as the made books pass them self out to us.
"Your previous instructions on this subject have been disturbingly uneven but you will be pleased to know that we will be following a carefully instructed ministry-approved course of defensive magic," Umbridge said.
A book suddenly was slammed in front of Draco and I. I looked over at him and he looked at me as we picked up the book and looked at them.
"Yes?" Umbridge said which caused me to looked up and see that Granger had her hand in the air.
"There is nothing in here about using defensive spells?" granger asked.
"Using spells? I couldn't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom" Umbridge said as she walked up to Granger.
"We aren't going to use magic?" Weasley asked.
"You will be learning how to use these spells in a Secure risk-free way," Umbridge said as she looked at Weasley.
"What use is that if we are going to be attacked it won't be risk-free," Potter said.
"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class," Umbridge said as she turned and walked to the front.
I started laughing because perfect Potter was getting in trouble.
"Something funny Miss. Mayer" she as she spun around.
"No ma'am," I said as I sunk into my seat.
"It is the view of the ministry that a theoretical will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which is what school is all about after all" Umbridge said.
"And how is theory supposed to help prepare us for what is out there," Potter asked.
"There is nothing out there dear. Who would you imagine would want to attack children like yourself?" Umbridge asked.
"Oh I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort," Potter said.
"He can't be serious" I whispered to Draco.
"He simple nuts" Draco whispered.
There were many people whispers that filled the room.
Umbridge stood at the front of the classroom thinking about what to say.
"Now let me make this very clear you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again this is a lie," Umbridge said.
"It's not a lie I saw him and I fought him" Potter yelled.
"Detention Mr. Potter" Umbridge yelled.
"So according to you the Cedric Diggory dropped dead" Potter yelled.
"Diggory's death was a tragic accident" Umbridge yelled.
"He was murdered! Voldemort killed him you must know that!" Potter yelled.
"Enough!" Umbridge yelled.
"See me later Mr. Potter my office," Umbridge said with a laugh.
The rest of class was silent.
Once class was over everyone ran out of the classroom without a second thought.