37

The first day of potions class and it was different for sure. All of us stood in front of Professor Slughorn as he talked to us. I stood in my normal spot on the left side of Draco who was oddly quiet today and focused. Suddenly the door opened to the classroom and in came Potter and Weasley, Slughorn turned around.
"Ah, Harry my boy I was beginning to worry. Brought someone with us I see" Slughorn said.
"Ron Weasley sir," Weasley said.
Flashback
"I'm Ronald Weasley but people call me Ron," he said with a smile.
"Hi," I said as I turned to the other boy.
"Bloody hell it's true! Your Harry Potter" I said with a smile.
"Well yes..." He said.
"I'm Maddison Mayer," I said with a nodded and then stuck out my hand like my parents taught me.
"Mayer!" Ron yelled.
I nodded.
"Is something wrong," Harry asked.
"Yeah she going to be a Slytherin," Ron said.
"So what!" I said.
He didn't answer he just simply turned away and I grabbed my jellybeans and headed back to my car. I felt hurt because I wanted to be there friend but it's too late now they have hurt me besides I'm better off with Draco and the goons anyway.
Flashback over

"Well any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine just come on over," Slughorn said turning back to the class.
"Um sir I don't have a book nor does Ron" Potter said.
"That's okay they are in the cabinet back there," he said pointing away.
"As I was saying, class, the potion is a great concoction does anyone know what it is?" Slughorn asked.
Draco has been staring at the floor all class so far thinking about something.
Grangers hand shot up like always.
"Yes, miss?" Slughorn started.
"Granger," she said as she walked forward.
"Granger" he repeated.
"It's one of the most powerful potions in the world. It's said to smell differently to each person" she said as she looked at Slughorn.
"What do you smell?" He asked.
"I smell... Freshly mowed grass and parchment and Spearmint and toothpaste" she said as she walked away.
"It carries a certain infatuation and it's probably the most Dangerous potion," Slughorn said as three girls from Gryffindor and I started walking towards it.
It was like we weren't controlling ourselves and when he shut it we hurried back to our spots.
"Sir you haven't told us about that one yet" a girl from Gryffindor said I believe her last name is Bell.
"Yes, this lady's and gentlemen is Felix Felicis also known as?" Slughorn horn said.
"Liquid Luck!" I said looking over at Granger and giving her a smirk and she rolled her eyes.
"Very good Miss Snape," Slughorn said.
"I'm sure your father told you all of this potions stuff growing up didn't he?"
"Um no, sir I didn't um live with my father until.." I started.
"Oh right until your mother died. Oh, bless her soul she was a good student along with Harry's mother Lily both were outstanding students" he said.
I gave up trying to explain my life story I just went with it.
"If liquid luck is made wrong bad things can happen. This will go to whoever can make the potion living death correctly. Turn to page 20 in your book" he said.
We all opened our books.
"Good luck to you all," he said as we all walked off to make our potions.
Weasley was doing everything wrong like always and the thing we are cutting went flight more than once and the second time Slughorn caught it. Granger for once wasn't getting it right either. And Seamus' literally blew up in his face as Potter was doing something right for once.
After about an hour people we starting to finish but none of them were right and Granger looked really bad.
Slughorn checked Potters and it was right 100% right and he got the liquid luck. People slowly clapped I didn't though and neither did Draco.
"Class dismissed," Slughorn said.
Once we were in the hall I grabbed Draco's hand and he looked down at me.
"Dra are you okay?" I asked.
He nodded and kissed my hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was Saturday we have gone through a full week of Hogwarts but honestly, it was horrible. My father now teaches the class I hate the most and it's ridiculous. Draco and I have recently found the vanishing cabinet that he and I are to repair and he's also got his mind on his other mission but I don't know what that mission is.
I walked the corridor to my father's new office not doing to complain I like his new office better.
"Maddison" I heard someone yell.
I spun around and faced Potter.
"What do you want Potter," I said as I kept walking.
"I have a burning question," he said.
"Still with Draco," I said.
"Right, and I know that but what I want to ask you is last year when you helped us why did you turn on us?" He asked.
"I'm not sure what you're talking about Potter," I said.
"You helped us, Maddison, you know you did why did you turn on us," he asked.
"Harry you're mistaken I've never helped you," I said slowly.
I did help them last year but I turned because I had to the light side isn't for me.
"But" potter started.
"No look in sorry I'm on my way to meet with my father if you'd excuse me." I said slowly.
He nodded and I walked past him.
I walked into my father's office.
"You're late," he said without looking at me.
"I know father and I'm terribly sorry," I said as I sat down.
"What was the hold-up?" He asked.
"Potter stopped me in the Corredor," I said.
"I see. How was your first week?" He asked finally looking up.
"It was okay. A bit odd if you ask me" I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"Slughorn he isn't a normal teacher then again none of you really are expected you, of course, you have always been my favorite teacher, " I said.
"Don't suck up," he said.
"I'm not," I said slowly.
He blew it off.
"What about Slughorn is odd?" He asked.
"I don't know... The first day he talked about my mother he Said she was a good student along with Potters mum Lily" I said.
"Yes" was all my father said before looking back down.
"Father Slughorn picked out a few students to be in this sort of group and he invited us to a dinner party should I attend?" I asked.
"Yes," he said looking back up at me.
I nodded.
"Did you love her?" I asked.
"Who?" He asked.
"My mother," I said.
"She was a lovely girl Maddison much like you. You're just like her you know" he said.
"I know Narcissa has told me that a lot," I said. " would she be proud of my choice?"
"Perhaps," he said.
"I don't feel like she would be," I said.
"Why? The rest of us are" he said.
"You are?" I asked.
"Of course I am what kind of father would I be if I wasn't proud of you," he asked.
"I don't know a bad one I guess," I said.
I got up and hugged him.
"I love you father," I said with a smile.
"I love you as well Maddison now go do some homework," he said.
"Or not," I said as I left.
"Maddison!" He yelled as I shut the door.