21

"Bloody he'll Weasley what are you wearing?" I laughed as I walked up to Potter and Weasley.
"It's a dress robe," Potter said.
"Hand me down no doubt." I laughed.
"Where did you get that rather dashing dress did your father but it for you?" Potter asked.
"No my father wouldn't lift a bloody finger for me and before you mock my dress it was my dead mothers Mrs. Malfoy picked it up for me," I said looking at the boys.
"Draco your date then," potter asked.
"Clearly," I said with a smile. "Neither of you got dates"
"Sure we did its Hermione who didn't get a date but lied about it," Weasley said as we got to the Great hall.
"That's rather odd if you ask me now if you don't mind I have a date to find," I said with a smirk as I walked away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What's wrong Potter not prepared to dance in front of everyone?" Draco laughed.
"I bet it comes easily to you and Maddie," Potter said.
"But of course but we aren't the stars of the night you are a bit surprised you have lasted this long" Draco laughed.
I glanced up at the staircase and seen Granger appear.
"She looks.." Potters date started.
"Beautiful" I finished.
Draco and Potters death stare ended as they turned to see what we were talking about.
"Victor Krum is her date," I said.
"Unbelievable" Draco mumbled.
"Malfoy! Mayer! Into the great hall" McGonagall said as she lined up the champions.
Draco took my hand as we headed into the great hall.
"You look absolutely stunning" Draco whispered.
"Thank you" I smiled.
As the Champions walked in and went to the center and started dancing.
People started to join in.
"May I," Draco asked taking my hand and gently kissing it.
"You may," I said with a smile as he leads me to the dance floor.
He put his hand on my waist just as we were taught in class and we danced and I was a night to remember aside from our first kiss of course.
After the slow dance we stayed on the dance floor dancing and partying and I saw Potter and Weasley totally bummed out along with there dates.
"Let's go get drinks," Draco said.
"Yeah," I said as we walked off the dance floor.
"What the bloody hell is into them," I asked Draco.
"Who knows and who cares," Draco said taking a sip of his drink.
I watched Granger sit on the steps and cry.
"I'm going to find out if she's okay," I said slowly knowing Draco would object.
"Are you mad Maddie?" Draco said grabbing my wrist.
"She's upset," I said as I looked over.
He took his finger under my chin and moved my head to face him.
"That doesn't concern you, Maddie. Let's go" Draco said putting his glass down and leading me up the steps past Granger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next week was the next task.
I stood next to Draco in the stands as we watched the champions dive into the black lake. I stood in front of Draco and his arms were around my waist and held close because he knew I was freezing.
Cedric was up first and Victor was up next and the girl came up without her loved one so only Potter was left.
Then Weasley and the girl's sister popped up without potter.
Then suddenly Potter came flying up out of the water everyone cheered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few months passed it was now spring and the third task was to start soon. I sat next to Draco and the goons in the stands.
"I have a bad feeling about this task Dra," I said.
"Why nothing will happen," he said.
"I don't know it's just a feeling that's all," I said as he gently kissed my cheek.
Crabbe had Krum written across his head and suddenly the champions came out and everyone cheered and Draco cheer with one hand, on the other hand, was intertwined with my hand.
The band stopped slowly as Dumbledore stepped up to the podium.
"Professor Moody has hidden the Triwizard Cup in the Maze only he knows where it is now as for Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter" Dumbledore started.
Fans from Hufflepuff and Gryffindor went wild.
"Are in the first position they will be first to enter the maze followed by Mr. Krum and miss Fluer," Dumbledore said. The rest of us Cheered.
"He's going to chicken out you know," I said with a laugh.
"I bet your right" Draco said.

It had been an hour since people were sent in and the only two left in the bloody maze was Diggory and Potter.
Nobody knew what was going on only that one of them was coming out a winner and I was hoping it wasn't Potter.
Hours later Potter returned as did the corps of Diggory.
"Oh my gosh," I said standing up.
Suddenly everyone was standing and Potter was crying as Dumbledore rushed over trying to pull potter away but he wouldn't move.
"Draco" I whispered.
"No way no way" he whispered.

"He's back" Potter yelled. "He's back"
"Voldemort is back" Potter yelled.
Potter kept crying I couldn't understand him between sobs.
"Keep everyone in their seats," the ministry said. "A boy has been killed"
Diggory father came running down to his son's body and I honestly felt bad for the guy I couldn't imagine losing a child I mean any normal parent wouldn't want to lose there child I know when I get older and have children I won't wish harm on them ever. I looked down at Diggory's father and started to cry the man lost his son and I cried a bit more knowing if that were me my father wouldn't rush to my side like that so Diggory was lucky to have grown up with a father like that.
"Maddie are you okay," Draco asked.
"Yeah," I said.
He held me close and kissed my head.
I looked over and seen Diggory's girlfriend crying who could blame her she loved him I would do the same if that were Draco.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We all joined each other in a remembrance of Diggory.
We war black and listened to Dumbledores speech about him I just faintly listened.
"You all should know Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort!" Dumbledore announced.
"The ministry of magic does not want me to share this information but not to do so I think would be insulting his memory" Dumbledore yelled.
I held Draco's hand tightly and I didn't know what to think all I knew was my father was a follower of Voldemort and if I remember right so are Draco's parents and when time comes Voldemort will be calling upon us we don't know when it could be soon or not so soon all I know is it won't be our choice and that's a damn shame.