9

Dear Maddison,
I'm sorry to inform you that your mother is very ill and we have gone to a hospital far away and we won't be home for Christmas but the Malfoy's said that you may stay with them over the holidays so I expect that you will go there. More information about your mother will be coming soon.
From your father.

I sat at breakfast and reread the note over and over again. My mother was sick and I'm not allowed to go and assist her and she's probably going to die. I pushed my breakfast away and leaned my head on my hand. Draco and the goons were laughing making fun of the golden trio I would normally be laughing with them. I wasn't for obvious reasons.
Eventually, Draco glances over at my plate and seen my plate was full of food.
"Mads are you okay?" Draco asked.
I slowly nodded as I let a tear slip.
"Maddie! Your not okay" he said turning to me and whipping my tears away.
"I received a letter from my father saying my mother wasn't doing well," I said as a few more years slipped.
"Oh, Mads," Draco said as he pulled me into a hug I cried on his shoulders I couldn't hold it any longer.
"Everything is going to be okay Maddie I promise," Draco said sounding soft instead of his normal mean self.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy," I said with a charming smile.
"Hello Miss Mayer sorry to hear about your mother," Mr. Malfoy said.
I didn't know what to say it had only been a few days since my father told me  she was ill and this morning I found out she was dead I spent the morning crying on Draco's shoulder once again but he didn't mind and if someone said something about me crying Draco stuck up for me. I how ever still had to spend the holidays with the Malfoys because my father said he didn't wish to see me as he mourned my mothers passing and honestly I didn't wish to see him either if I were at my manor I would have just locked my self in my room but here at the Malfoy manor I had someone to talk to and to hang out with and on top of that I didn't have to hear my father scream at me and tell me I'm worthless like always even though he has been better who knows how it will be now that my mother is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maddie!" I heard Draco say as he shook me awake.
"What?" I asked as I opened my eyes.
"It's Christmas my parents have requested your appearance," he said with a cheesy smile.
We are pretty close but over the past week or so we have become a heck of a lot closer.
"are you sure it isn't you that wants me down there?" I asked with a smile as I sat up.
"Let's just go Maddie," he said pulling me out of the bed.
"Excited much?" I asked as we ran down the steps.
"Yes, Christmas is my favorite holiday didn't you know that?" He asked as we stopped in front of the Christmas tree.
"Wow," I said admiring the gifts under the tree.
"Some is for you," the Malfoys house elf said.
"What?" I said looking at the Malfoys.
The last week or so they have been more of a family than my own family.
"You shouldn't have," I said slowly.
"Sweetie your parents are our best friends so of course, we are here for you," Mrs. Malfoy said.
For the rest of the Christmas break, Draco and I hung out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*time skip*
Harry Potter saved the day yet again and defeated the monster in the chamber of secrets and woke up the petrified students.
"Harry look it's Hermione!" Someone at the Gryffindor table yelled.
Hermione was one of the students petrified. She stood in the doorway while Potter and Weasley looked to see if it was really her and then they got up and ran to her and she ran to them. I secretly wished I was allowed to be friends with them but I can't Hermione is a mudblood, Weasley is a blood traitor which is what I've heard anyway and then Potter he just hangs out with them. I sat at the Slytherin table and watched and played with the necklace that hung around my neck that I received for Christmas from Draco.
Everyone clapped for the students who were awakened as for Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and I we just sat there and Potter looked over at us and Draco gave him the look he always gives him honest if looks could kill Potter would be dead by now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This summer it will be different," I said as Draco and I sat on the train.
"Of course it will. It will your strong and you know I'm only an owl away" Draco said.
"I'm not going to bug you Draco while you guys are in Italy," I said.
"I'll expect at least a few from you just so I know your okay" Draco said with a smile.
"I will let you know," I said as the train stopped at kings cross.
Draco handed me my stuff before grabbing his own and then we walked out.
"I'll see you when school starts," I said looking down at the ground.
"Yeah and you will write me for sure," he said as I looked up.
"Definitely," I said shaking my head.
"Don't think to much of it Maddie," he said as we hugged.
"I'll try" I whispered before Draco was being called by his mom.
"I have to go be strong," he said.
"Okay bye Draco," I said with a smile as I turned and walked the opposite way only to run into Harry Potter.
I was nearly knocked down but Potter caught me.
"Sorry," he said.
"No, it was my fault I'm the one to blame" I said as I looked at Potter.
"No really what can I do to make it up I'm really sorry," Potter said.
"Stop saying sorry," I said with a laugh.
"Okay," he chuckled.
"Someone coming to get you?" I asked.
"Oh no, im going alone you?" He asked.
"Normally my mother would come but my mother died over Christmas break so I'm alone as well," I said as we started walking.
"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know about your mum," he said slowly "I know how much a girl needs a mother figure"
"I have one Draco's mum," I said with a smile.
"That's good at least it's someone," he said with a small smile.
"I'm sorry Potter," I said feeling a. It bad he lost both of his parents and has nobody and I lost one and I have someone.
"It's okay and you don't have to call me that," he said.
"Sorry habit," I said shaking my head.
"So why is it Malfoys mum that's you mother figure?" He asked as we walked through the streets.
"My parents and his are best friends," I said.
"Oh like, you guys?" He asked.
"More or less yes," I said.
"I'm sorry" he mumbled.
"Why?" I asked.
"Just I don't know. You know you're a lot nicer when you're not with them" he said.
"What's that mean?" I asked.
"You're nicer without them around you should be like this more often," he said.
"I was once" I said as I looked down at my watch.
"Why didn't you stay is it because you went with the wrong crowd?" Potter asked.
"No... Nothing like that, in fact, I like my group of friends" I said "look I must be going it was nice to chat you know" I said as I ran off.
"Yeah you too Maddison!" I heard him yell back.
___________________________
Maddie talked to Potter? What is she doing?