13

Potter and I stood at Professor McGonagall's desk.
"I'm sorry but I can not take you two too Hogsmeade," she said.
"But professor I couldn't get a hold of my father he was ignoring me, therefore, it isn't my fault," I said begging to go.
"And my aunt and uncle refused to sign the paper," Potter said.
"No I'm sorry but you both will have to stay here while I take your classmates to Hogsmeade," she said as she walked around her desk and got ready to gather the students.
I glanced over at Draco who was getting a bit upset.
"Professor what if I had Draco's mother sign it for me?" I said.
"No miss Mayer that's not how that works the only way that would work was if Mrs. Malfoy was your legal guardian and she is not your father is," she said.
I rolled my eyes and walked over to Draco.
"I tried I really did Dra," I said as I put my arms around his neck and buried my face into his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I know you did Madds and I want you to come just know my father will hear about this," Draco said.
"Professor I was thinking maybe you would sign mine," Potter said as the kids headed out the door.
"No Mr. Potter did you not hear what I told Miss. Mayer" she asked as she walked out the door.
"Have fun," I said to Draco as he and his goons left.
I sat down at a desk and laid my head down and cried my father literally hated me and I knew that but if he doesn't want me he could give me away probably to another death eater no doubt but nobody is stopping his from giving me away anymore since in about three months it will mark a year since my mother has passed away.
I heard some sit next to me and since it was only Potter and I in the room it was him.
"Go away," I said with my head still down.
"Maddison, what's wrong?" Potter asked as he placed his hand on my back.
"I said go away Potter," I said as I lifted my head and pushed his arm away.
"I won't go away Maddison you and I are to sit in this room until they return," Potter said.
I rolled my eyes and slammed my head back down onto my arms.
"Maddison we can go next time," he said.
"That's not why I'm upset!" I yelled lifting my head again.
"Then why tell me I'm a good listener," Potter said.
"You don't know me Potter and you will never be anywhere close to knowing me so don't even try," I said looking directly at him.
"Yes, I do. I know your a real sweet girl who's just gotten into the wrong crowd" he said.
"You and I both know that's not true. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be" I said as I stood up. "As for you Potter you can mind your own business and leave me the bloody hell alone."
"Maddison, what happened to you?" Potter asked.
"Nothing I'm the same," I said whipping my tears.
"No right after we got off the train last summer you weren't like this," he said.
"A lot has happened Potter I grew up," I said.
It was quiet for awhile almost like potter was thinking.
"Are you and him really together?" Potter asked.
"Me and Draco?" I asked.
"Yeah," Potter said as he stood up and walked over to me.
"Yeah of course," I said.
"Why" he whispered.
"Because we like each other and we belong together," I said as I turned and headed for the door.
"Where are you going," Potter asked.
"Anywhere but here with Draco's enemy," I said walking out of the room.
"You're going to get in trouble!" Potter yelled as he ran after me.
He caught up with me.
"Bloody hell Potter leave me alone," I said pushing him out of my way. "If you must know I'm going to Snape's office."

I walked the rest of the way to Snape's office and walked up to the door.
*knock knock*
The came open fast and he looked at me and pulled me in by my robe.
"Ow," I said as he shut the door.
"Why are you here Miss Mayer," he asked.
"Nothing to do and that Potter kid was bugging me," I said as I sat down in a chair in front of his desk.
"Why didn't you go to Hogsmeade?" He asked.
"Father refused to sign it and Professor McGonagall wouldn't let Mrs. Malfoy sign it for me," I said rolling my eyes.
"That's ridiculous," Snape said as he took his seat.
"What are you doing Professor?" I asked.
Snape has always been my favorite teacher.
"Grading now shuts up if you going to be in here," he said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time skip to Christmas...
"Are you packed?" Draco asked as he walked into the girls' dormitory.
"No I'm staying here," I said.
"No your not you're coming with me or you're going home I'm not leaving you here," he said.
"No Draco go be with your family I'll stay here this year," I said as I looked down at the floor.
"They are your family too," Draco said as he gently lifted my head.
"Not technically even Mcgonagall made that clear a few months ago I'm on my own Dra my father has practically left me for dead to fend for my self and I'm doing it just fine," I said slowly as his gray blue eyes looked deeply into my blue eyes.
"They are your family too Maddie," Draco said as he stepped closer.
I looked deeper into his memorizing eyes and nodded.
"You're coming with me" he whispered as he gently placed his lips on mine.
I, of course, kissed back it was our first kiss and we have been together since summer. I melted into the kiss I was a kiss that I would always remember.
He slowly took his lips off mine and looked at me.
"Pack and meet me in the common room," he said as he walked away.
I packed and ran into the common room and Draco took my empty hand in his and off we were to the Hogwarts Express. Here's to another Christmas spent with the Malfoy's.