Epilogue

His Broken Angel

Epilogue

I leaned against the wall while sighing. Staring at the empty white walls and room caused me to smile.

"Maggie?" Nona popped her head from the door before coming inside. "Ready?" she asked with a bright smile.

I sighed one last time. "Not gonna lie, I might miss this place a bit."

"Well it's where it helped you. After two years you're finally better."

Two years that I've stayed in the rehab center. All the times and moments that I spent here helped me each day of my life. After two years I was clean; I didn't hurt myself anymore and I haven't thrown up any food. My bulimia was gone, my self-harm gone.

"Give me a second," I said before going into the bathroom. I lifted up my shirt to reveal the fading scars that had haunted me these past years.

It's been a year since I haven't cut. The first few weeks that I arrived here was a nightmare. Every night I would cry and try to get anything sharp so I could cut, but then I'd be sedated which was even worse. Imagine having a needle stabbed into your arm every night to calm you down, and waking up the next morning not remembering much with a huge migraine.

For a minute I stood there, taking in my whole complexion and how I had changed. My hair was longer, waiver and much more lighter now. I looked alive. I felt alive.

"How long does it take them to get here?" I mumbled to Nona who was checking her makeup in the mirror.

"They're probably on the way. . . Hey? Are you going to miss me?" she pouted.

I laughed. "Of course I am. You helped me."

Nona was the coordinator of the clinic. When I first got here she welcomed me with warm arms and immediately placed herself as a trustworthy person. Not that I didn't believe her the first time, but I was wary about her. After a couple weeks when I'd have horrible nights she'd always be by side and console me. She kind of reminded me of my mom.

"Have you said goodbye to the others?"

"Most of them yesterday. Not sure if i said bye to Willy."

"You should. It would break his heart if you didn't since he kinda has a thing for you." She winked at me.

I rolled my eyes while putting my back against the wall to lean on it. "Yeah, but I'm not into him-"

"Why not?" she whined, "he's not that bad."

"I think you should date him then," I smirked.

"I would, but I'm too old for him. Plus, he considers me as his mom so that would be completely wrong."

I burst into laughter. "Very wrong."

The mention of dating caused me to swallow a lump in my throat.

Nona stared at her phone before her face lit up. "They're here!"

I immediately ran into my brother's arms, hugging him as tight as I could as he laughed. "Hey lil sis," he chuckled.

I lifted my face up to meet him. "Hi big bro."

"What about us?" Claire asked defensively. Harry stood beside her with a grin wider than my own.

I hugged them both. "I love you guys so much," I muffled into Claire's sweater.