Chapter Forty-Eight: Trapped In Hell

A/N

Put a lot of thought into this chapter because schools is already taking up every little space in my brain.

So far I'm getting pretty tired and hangry, and apparently coffee makes me sleepy.

I'm so weird.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Thursday
*******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Forty-Eight: Trapped In Hell

My head throbbed. 

That's all I could think of when my eyes begin to flutter open. The whole room was spinning right in front of me. And then I realized that it wasn't even my room.

I try lifting myself up with my weak arms, but that only led me to hit my head against the bare wall. "Shit," I muttered while rubbing the back of my head.

The door opened. Harry, Alex, and Claire walked in with saddened expressions, especially Alex as I felt my nerves building up. They were all giving me a sympathetic look which only made me feel even crazier.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I blurted out.

They didn't look surprised or even alarmed at my question. What the hell was going on?

"You don't remember anything at all?" Claire huffed out.

"No. . . What happened?"

They all switched looks before Alex sat beside me, taking my hand before I felt all my nerves going crazy.

"You got wild yesterday. And I mean wild crazy. You started seeing things that weren't there."

"Like what?" I scooted back away from him, my hand letting go of his.

Alex sighed. "Dad. . ."

I looked at all three of them, the name already making me want to scream. Claire noticed my eyes going wild before grabbing both my hands in her hold. "Let me go!" I barked before snatching them away.

I shot them all a glare, my nails digging into the bed. Then I realized that I was in the hospital with an IV stuck in my arm. "Why am I here?"

"We didn't know what to do, Maggs. You were hallucinating," Claire said.

"I wasn't! He was there!" I saw what I saw! He had called me saying happy birthday as if that were the greatest present I had ever received. 

My breaths were coming out faster and faster before I tried getting up. Alex tried putting his hands on my arms to settle me down, but I pushed them away harshly.

Now I was angry.

They shouldn't put me in a hospital! This was another form of hell. 

The more I thought, the more frantic I was getting. I wanted to jump and run the hell out of this place, screaming with my nails digging into my scalp. I felt my whole body tremble as I tried getting off.

Claire and Harry tried pinning me down, but I managed to push them off before running to the door. I opened it and ran out, feeling my whole surrounding spinning around me.

Then I felt arms wrap around me. They were pulling me into a tight hug before hot tears spilled down my cheeks. I felt like I could hear his voice again, the monster that haunted my dreams.

I couldn't focus or control anything around me. My mind was getting hazy and all I could hear were the screams escaping my lips. I was thrashing against whoever was holding me until I realized it was Reese. He was looking down at me with a pained expression, one that only made me get crazier.

I wanted to get out of his hold. I wanted to run away from here. I wanted to run away from him!

"Leave me alone!" I sobbed, sliding down with his arms still wrapped around me. More tears escaped my eyes before my eyes grew wide, seeing him again.

I continued screaming. They were getting louder until someone else picked me up. My legs were kicking in the air with my nails scratching at the pair of arms who were holding me in a death grip.

My breathing was slowing down, everything turning pitch black before I fell asleep.
*******

"We need to put her in a clinic. She's never been like this. . ."

"Still! I don't want to see my lil sis end up in a clini-"

"She has to. I don't want her there but she has to get better for her own good."

That was the whole conversation I heard the second time I woke up. This time I felt myself more relaxed, not even feeling anymore pain.

"Maggs?" someone whispered in my ear.

I guess they were hoping that I'd wake up with that single whisper. And so I did to please whoever had.

Harry was the first to appear in front of me while Alex and Claire whispered to each other in the corner. I knitted my brows together in confusion, wanting to know what they were talking about.

About me. I sure as hell knew that.

"You feeling better?" Harry whispered.

I tried nodding my head, but my whole body felt stiff. I tried talking, but my throat felt raspy and dry.

"I'll take that as a yes," he lightly chuckled.

My whole head began to throb again. I groaned for the hundredth time. Why did everything feel so different? Did they inject something into my bloodstream so I could feel nothing?

That only made me feel more anxious.

I ignored all my thoughts and tried focusing on what Alex and Claire were discussing. But not even reading their lips could help me. Or at least try to. It looked like they were talking about nonsense. Nothing but irrelevant things that didn't relate to me.

Then they turned their heads, making eye contact with me as I tried focusing on both of them.

"What?" I blurted, feeling my throat burn after I said that one word.

"We've been talking and. . ." Claire didn't finish her sentence which made my nerves build up, once again.

"What?" I asked, more impatient than before.

"Claire and I were talking how you were getting more. . .frantic out there and. . ." Alex sighed, taking a deep breath before saying, "We're going to put you in a clinic."

My eyes grew wide. They were joking. They were pulling my fucking leg!

"You can't do that!" I shouted. "You can't!"

More of those saddened looks showed upon their faces.

"Maggs, you're not getting better. I don't even know if you were ever fine. We're putting you in a clinic."

I didn't even try to pick a fight anymore. I ignored all my feeling and stared at them with a blank face, ignoring the hot tears burning my eyes.

"Whatever," I muttered.